Xbox Online Gaming Questions

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Ritch, Mar 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, hope you can help.

I've got an Xbox arcade - the one with the 256 memory card. I've got an old ethernet cable anyway so I can plug myself up to the wireless modem. I just want to ask, cos the buggers at Sky couldn't answer, do you need to pay extra on top of your monthly broadband bill for using the xbox online?

And also, can you play multiplayer online without buying xBox live for £34.99?

Cheers.

2. You can't play multiplayer online without purchasing a gold membership, however there is no extra charge above your monthly broadband bill for using your xbox online.

3. Thanks.

4. As above, you will need a Gold membership to access all the features of Live, stop being so stingy, its the future.
    You dont need to pay more on your sky membership though, so its not all bad news.

5. Quick question, if your living on barracks (pirbright) can you connect to the internet via wireless anywhere?

6. Hes not being stingy ? hes enquiring about the charges as most people do when they haven't set up xbox live before :roll: think before you post lol add me on live when/if you get it set up xI MR MCNAUL Ix

7. Yeah unfortunately Microsoft are very greedy unlike Sony and make us pay for XBL, but then again the PS3 online is crap :roll:

8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

possibly a bone question, but have you got to use the 'official' MS wireless adaptor to get online with your 360 or can you use any brand? I havent got a clue as I've never used the online side of the 360 meself.