xbox live help

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Taff49, Jul 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok, so I need some help and guidance, and i need it in clear, easy to understand english please.

I have an xbox which i have always played in isolation but have just (ie today) signed up to xbox live. That part has gone reasonably smoothly.

my game is now showing 3 additional DLC (down loadable content) chapters. when i click on them, it asks me for Microsoft points and tells me my balance is zero.

where/how do I buy these Microsoft points, and how do i credit them to my account? Might seem a bone question, but you will be saving my blood pressure and probably a cracked TV screen if i get any more wound up.....

cheers in advance, Taff
  2. Any retailer, amazon or ebay. Compare the prices for points, typically online auctions are far better than retailers. They send you an email with the code within a few mins and bob is your aunt.
  3. You can buy them from most video game shops, eBay, asda etc etc. They come in card form, scratch the back, type in the code. Simples.

Or, alternatively, you can put your credit card details into your xbox, then order the points that way.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
    • Like Like x 1
  4. What the why waste time. Either log onto your Xbox Dashboard. When you click the DLC and it says you need microsoft points there will be an option to buy the points. Another option is to go to Log in @ the top right corner of the screen then click Add points.
  5. Mong alert. :|
    • Like Like x 2
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I'd be a mite bit leery about putting your card details on there, both MS and Sony's game networks have had security issues. vouchers are the way to go IMHO, sourced as per previous suggestions.
  7. Yep, I put my credit card details to Xbox live, got hacked and billed for £500. I always thought i was pretty good with online security however i was proved wrong. Luckily i got a full refund and was compensated by MS. Was a hassle though that i did not need. I do all my purchases by buying the scratch cards now.
  8. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

I have my credit card details lodged on MS Live. I was hacked a couple of years ago, but it was only through my own stupidity. MS were amazing though, set me up a temp account FOC, and when my old account was reinstated (within the week!) I got to keep all the purchases the hacker had made on live using my card. Free games! Woop!
    Credit card company were also pretty good. Fraud is something they are insured for to the hilt; although I wasn't aware they had made a mistake on my card when it was set up, and instead of a £2,000 limit, it was set as £20,000. Fraudsters had a field day with that one! MS knew who they were and told me it had been reported as a crime and a warrant for arrest would be issued.

As long as you can prove you are the cardholder and you still have the credit card in your possession, you won't lose out financially if you are subjected to fraud. Bloody good job! £20k would have wiped me out completely!

Amazon are cheaper for points if you are buying a larger quantity. The only benefit to buying points over live is the speed and convenience. You don't have to lodge credit card details either, you can make one off purchases.
  9. Jeez didnt realise that guys. I guess buying the points from a store would be the way to go then. I was merely just sporting the fastest option ^^
  10. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

If people are that worried about online fraud they shouldn't be online. You could walk to the shop and get mugged any day.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FrosteeMARIA

Yep. Not worried about it at all. Was just sayin!

GT-I9100P? Is that gas powered? :)
  12. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

It feels like it at times.
  13. FrosteeMARIA

I'll hush my mouth seeing as I'm on O2!! FAIL!