Xbox 360 problem

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Griffo909, Jan 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So my Xbox is doomed,It has single red light blinking at me.I was not familiar with this as i had only heard of the 'red ring of death' but apparently (according to microsoft) my CPU has been frazzled and i will have to pay £60 to get it fixed.I then found out that Microsoft only cover the red ring of death problem if the console is out of warranty.I'm not sure if this is true but the idea im getting is that i would of preferred to of got the ring of death as then they would fix it for free.What a load of Bollocks :x .Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm now tempted to sack the 360 and go buy a ps3.

2. If you're going to sack the 360 anyway you might as well lie to Microsoft and claim it's the red ring of death. I think ots free to send off, whats the worst that can happen?

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

If it looks like this

[​IMG]

You are fcuked. But you seem to know about the red ring of death. Out of warranty, you are stuck. They used to charge £100 a go for returns/fixing, even under warranty, but have since relented due to the frequency of occurances.

Mine was repaired with a single fixed - green light, which they attributed to a fried CPU too. They replaced the box, but mine was under warranty. They replaced the whole thing, but called it a 'repair'. Its done in Germany. But short of you scouring the 'net and taking it to pieces yourself, you will have to swallow the expense.

4. only one of the quadrants is lit red,as you described,i'm just annoyed that even if the console isn't under warranty they will still fix the red ring for free and not what i've got. :x

5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

when did you buy it? I bought mine from gamestation new november 2007 and I was told MS were offering them at that time with a 3 year warranty ( as the red ring of death was quite a high profile issue at that time ). might be worth checking?

6. Check this site out and come back to us.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

I've repaired quite a few as a contracted engineer, Microsoft has put $1Billion aside for support and they ARE repaired in the UK. Basically, it will be repaired under warrenty unless you've opened it or negligence can be seen.

7. Mine died in February 2008, out of warranty, rang MS and got it fixed FOC, they collected it for free, fixed it, returned it and included a months free XBOX live membership

8. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I sent mine back in November, completed all the details on the Xbox.co.uk site and the prepaid label was for Microsoft European Repairs, Robert Bosch Str 4, 64320, Frankfurt, Germany.

I was under the impression they all were, but if you have experience otherwise, fair enough.

9. I had a single red light in December - just in time for Christmas (the kids were chuffed). It was well out of warranty (3 yrs old) and they still didn't charge to repair it. Rang the help desk, reported the fault, downloaded the UPS note and had it picked up that day. It was returned repaired, 1 months xbox live in less than 10 days.

10. What he said.

All Xboxers I know get pretty much everything fixed for free regardless of whether it's in warranty or not.

Microsoft probably turn a blind eye out of guilt over the now infamous RRoD design flaw.

11. I have still got my original XBox going strong.. Not upgraded to a 360 yet. However it is now chipped and used as a media centre.

13. My second 360 died today from the RROD....I'm tempted to hunt down and shoot Bill Gates in the balls with a BB gun....

14. My fourth xbox died in december fried cpu and duff dvd drive (all happened after the dashboard update) mine took a little trip to ze fatherland. I think its a case that if the UK repair centre is overwhelmed then it's sent to germany.

Griff there are alternatives dunno what it costs but it might be worth a try
    http://www.creativeit.tv/Xbox-repair/Microsoft-Xbox-repair.htm

15. Two solutions:-

1. Go into game and buy the same x box as yours with cash, take back your box two days later as its faulty. Ask for a refund. There we are a new x box and cost you nothing.

2. Send it to microsoft and tell them its for the three quadrants error and see if they check it, maybe a new x box.

I know two people who have done both of the above and suceeded. If its less than a year old its covered whatever goes wrong (bay your daughter putting a fishfinger in the memory card slot).