XBox 360 Graphics Problem - Help Please

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by giftedamateur, Jan 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have had my XBox 360 just under two years and run it though an HDMI lead to my HD TV, yesterday it developed a fault where the colours have gone all weird - psycadelic pinks and such. It isn't permenantly so but occurs a few minutes after switching on, and stays like it. No red ring of death. I have tried a different HDMI cable but no result :x

Has anybody got any ideas what this could be?

And,

If I buy a new Xbox, is it easier to change hard drives, or transfer xbox live gamer tags to the new mchine?

2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

changing hard drives is easy, plus u retain your progress. if you down laod gamertag, and not change HD you will have to satrt games again

3. Sounds like a dry joint. Get hold of a soldering hot air gun and run it over the board.

4. Stop taking LSD

5. That's a good way of fixing it, same thing happened to my friends Eggbox and he wrapped in hot towels with it switched on; after a few hours he loaded his games and it was fine.

I upgraded to a new hard drive, used the official Microsoft lead and disc and while it transferred all the info i lost all the start points for my games and a few other items too. Ba$£ards!