• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

XBOX 360 fault

Guys i need a bit of help with son's xbox. it has one red light bottom right quarter. Only goes on when connecting the TV to XBox cable.

Any quick fixes?

Try the suggested fixes here:

Microsoft Support

My son's developed an 'all lights' error, known as the red ring of death. Because it was one of the earlier ones, Microsoft extended the warranty period to 3 years for that fault only (because it was so prevalent). True to their word, they were brilliant and repaired it free of charge, including free carriage. This free service does not apply to any other light combination and, whilst ours was genuine, I did find a couple of comments on line that suggested if you had an ineligible fault on a machine that was of the right vintage to qualify for a free red-ring-of-death repair, you should force a red ring by wrapping your XBox in a towel and running it until the overheating caused a failure! It would then be fixed free, including whatever the original fault was.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
how old is it? inside 12 months, then it's still under guarantee. I was also told when I bought mine that the three year warranty was for anything as there were several issues with the early machines, not just the rrod...

maguire said:
how old is it? inside 12 months, then it's still under guarantee. I was also told when I bought mine that the three year warranty was for anything as there were several issues with the early machines, not just the rrod...
I can't say exactly how long Microsoft honour their guarantees for, but my machine was over two years old when it developed a red ring of death and had to be sent back to them.

It was returned within a week by courier having had a complete overhaul and new drive fitted; I was also given a gratis XBOX Live membership for a month. It was a painless process and the best customer service I have ever dealt with.

Mine also developed the fault, contact Microsoft support line, they'll arrange UPS to come and pick it up, send to Germany, give it a complete fix and update, return deliver to your house and give you a months free membership to Xbox live, all inside a week. 10/10 to Mr Gates.

The ring of death thing is a brillant idea, shame they don't do it for laptops (lost the contents of my hard drive recently).

Latest Threads