XBOX 360 fault

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by pots359v, Apr 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys i need a bit of help with son's xbox. it has one red light bottom right quarter. Only goes on when connecting the TV to XBox cable.

Any quick fixes?
  2. Try the suggested fixes here:

Microsoft Support

My son's developed an 'all lights' error, known as the red ring of death. Because it was one of the earlier ones, Microsoft extended the warranty period to 3 years for that fault only (because it was so prevalent). True to their word, they were brilliant and repaired it free of charge, including free carriage. This free service does not apply to any other light combination and, whilst ours was genuine, I did find a couple of comments on line that suggested if you had an ineligible fault on a machine that was of the right vintage to qualify for a free red-ring-of-death repair, you should force a red ring by wrapping your XBox in a towel and running it until the overheating caused a failure! It would then be fixed free, including whatever the original fault was.
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

how old is it? inside 12 months, then it's still under guarantee. I was also told when I bought mine that the three year warranty was for anything as there were several issues with the early machines, not just the rrod...
  4. cable isnt in properly

or you are getting an error from hdd or ethernet port
  5. I can't say exactly how long Microsoft honour their guarantees for, but my machine was over two years old when it developed a red ring of death and had to be sent back to them.

It was returned within a week by courier having had a complete overhaul and new drive fitted; I was also given a gratis XBOX Live membership for a month. It was a painless process and the best customer service I have ever dealt with.
  6. Mine also developed the fault, contact Microsoft support line, they'll arrange UPS to come and pick it up, send to Germany, give it a complete fix and update, return deliver to your house and give you a months free membership to Xbox live, all inside a week. 10/10 to Mr Gates.
  7. The ring of death thing is a brillant idea, shame they don't do it for laptops (lost the contents of my hard drive recently).
  8. The Xbox was bought for Christmas 07, so 16 - 17 months old. Will give them a call and see what the outcome is.

Cheers all.