xafinity paymaster - You owe us £510.72!

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by exbluejob, Dec 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a letter from them yesterday explaining that they'd cocked up my initial pension calculation from June 2000 (transposed 2 numbers) and I was now owed them £510.72 and could they have a cheque please. Hhhhmmmm, only a few pounds a year but it's amounted to a bit of a lump sum which they're asking back NOW.

2. Might be worth looking into the Statute Of Limitations Act 1980, they can probably only make a claim from 2006.

Limitation Act 1980

• Like Like x 1
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

might be worth telling them you'll pay it back at the rate at which they overpaid it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Request them to write it off as being their error.

Ask them how do they think it will affect your income tax position.

Ask CAB for advice. Politely ask them to re-calculate. Say that you accepted the money in good faith and say they are usually so relible and accurate. You cannot believe that they have made a mistake.

5. Ignore the letter and see what they come up with next. Is a possible option.

6. Send them a cheque for £510.72 swear mildly when posting it and then forget about it and get on with your life.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Send them a cheque for £600 to compensate for their inconvenience.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Send the cheque but forget to sign it.

9. banks these days may not notice that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Send them a cheque dated June 2000.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tell them to shove it up their arse. You wouldn't get a hotel ring you up 6 months after your holiday saying "We're sorry we charged you the wrong rate for your room, you owe us another 500 quid" would you?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Send me the cheque and I'll see to it that they don't bother you again.

13. Tell them that they have allowed too much time to elapse before finding the alleged mistake. Therefore their request for repayment has no legitamacy.

14. Tell them all of your funds are currently tied up with your Nigerian account, could they pleaze thank you very much send number pin to me a rich king.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Get a relative to write back and say you are in the early stages of Dementure - and if that doesn't work then get a relative to write back and say you are in the early stages of Dementure and if that fails get a relative to write back and say you are in the early stages of Dementure

• Like Like x 3