x4 admit planning London bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is why I haven't bothered getting tickets for the Olympics and shall stay out of town during the Olympics...

BBC News - London Stock Exchange bomb plot admitted by four men

London Stock Exchange bomb plot admitted by four men

The men planned to terrorise people and to damage the economy and property
Four men inspired by al-Qaeda have admitted planning to detonate a bomb at the London Stock Exchange.

Mohammed Chowdhury, Shah Rahman, Gurukanth Desai and Abdul Miah pleaded guilty to engaging in conduct in preparation for acts of terrorism.

The men, from London and Cardiff, were arrested in December 2010 and were set to stand trial at Woolwich Crown Court.

Five other men have pleaded guilty to other terrorism offences and all nine will be sentenced next week.

The men, who are all British nationals, had been inspired by the preachings of the recently-killed radical extremist Anwar Al-Awlaki.

They were certainly dangerous enough for the police and MI5 to have placed them under surveillance, and ultimately arrest them. The homes of some of them had been searched as long ago as 2008.

At the end of 2010 two of them scouted high-profile targets in London and discussed with others the possibility of blowing up the London Stock Exchange. Others talked about putting bombs in the post, even suggesting one be hidden in a toy doll.

The men from Stoke got as far as pondering the logistical problems of religiously observant Muslims planting bombs in pub toilets.

And they were surveillance-aware too, warning each other about the possibility of bugs in their cars, and meeting outdoors in secluded places like country parks.

No explosive materials were bought - and no bombs planted. But that may have been different had they not been arrested.

Fantasy could have become reality.

It emerged that those who admitted planning to target the London Stock Exchange wanted to send five mail bombs to various targets during the run up to Christmas 2010 and discussed launching a "Mumbai-style" atrocity.
But if you think that's bad, the bastards planned to kill Boris Johnson too!

A hand-written target list discovered at the home of one of the men listed the names and addresses of London Mayor Boris Johnson, two rabbis, the US embassy and the Stock Exchange.
Fact of the matter is, I don't think we could stop a terrorist attack on the London Olympics if we tried. If someone wants to blow something up on their own and they're smart enough then they'll do it and there's nothing we or MI6/GCHQ or the SAS can do about it. There's too many variables, too many people and too much random chaos to keep track of one randomer with a rucksack of instant sunshine. As the saying goes, they only have to be lucky once but we have to be lucky all the time.

Is there any solution?

DC

There's too many variables....

Is there any solution?

DC
One thing that's not variable is that you're a cut 'n' paste cock.

Is there any solution? Yes. Feck off.

And this is why I haven't bothered getting tickets for the Olympics and shall stay out of town during the Olympics...

BBC News - London Stock Exchange bomb plot admitted by four men

But if you think that's bad, the bastards planned to kill Boris Johnson too!

Fact of the matter is, I don't think we could stop a terrorist attack on the London Olympics if we tried. If someone wants to blow something up on their own and they're smart enough then they'll do it and there's nothing we or MI6/GCHQ or the SAS can do about it. There's too many variables, too many people and too much random chaos to keep track of one randomer with a rucksack of instant sunshine. As the saying goes, they only have to be lucky once but we have to be lucky all the time.

Is there any solution?

DC
Capitulation ?

That's a very Churchillian post there mate.

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
As the saying goes, they only have to be lucky once but we have to be lucky all the time.

Is there any solution?

DC
Dunno. Life is much about luck. But I have noticed, the harder I work the luckier I get. Let us hope people are working hard, eh?

One thing that's not variable is that you're a cut 'n' paste cock.

Is there any solution? Yes. Feck off.

What the fuck are you raving about you idiot?

Anything I've cut and pasted I've put in a quote box, everything else is mine.

This is what the CA forum is for - discussing current affairs.

You utter twat.

What the fuck are you raving about you idiot?

Anything I've cut and pasted I've put in a quote box, everything else is mine.

This is what the CA forum is for - discussing current affairs.

You utter twat.
Concur with all of the above. But for once - for once - on Arrse someone will start a thread with something more engaging than a cut 'n' paste and a mong question like "is there any solution?".

Do you actually have a brain, given it's a current affairs thread? Or do you just notice something in the media, post it on arrse and postscript the quote with a "well who would have thought it, eh?" rhetorical flourish?

Solution, good question & yes so many variables & the bad guys are all fully aware of this too.

All it will take is a few staggered 'Hoax calls' from groups to cause maximum disruption, and there are plenty to choose from that wish to make the Olympics a nightmare for the Government, along with the slightest traffic jam in VIP lanes (the hammersmith flyer is proof of this).

The aim is to cause chaos & mayhem with maximum media coverage, in which any group will get on the build up, during and post games, contingency scenario planning is all well & good when you practice with the resources in the right area, choose an alternative area to distract & draw resources within a significant amount, putting massive strain on system then 'something' is bound to give.

Would this be an inappropriate time to suggest the use of pre-primed family cars that will explode next to sedentiary fuel tankers on our motorways?

Imagine how many fucking caravanners and Saloon driving cunts you could wipe out if you detonated a half tonne of ball bearings and P4 on the M5 at teatime?
I would support mining of the middle lane, triggered by twats who won't move over when lane 1 is empty.

Would this be an inappropriate time to suggest the use of pre-primed family cars that will explode next to sedentiary fuel tankers on our motorways?

Imagine how many fucking caravanners and Saloon driving cunts you could wipe out if you detonated a half tonne of ball bearings and P4 on the M5 at teatime?
If Caravanner's are your target audience just send in the Top Gear Boys, or perhaps practice on that Dale Farm bunch.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
just rig the tankers and save the car for later - nobody checks em.

cardiff? I knew it was a mistake to train masoods lot at crickhowell, some of the locals must have been watching.

Capitulation ?

That's a very Churchillian post there mate.
It's also fucking stupid, unlike the terrorists who will already have worked out that the best place to target is anywhere but London. You don't have to slit Cameron's throat on live TV to piss all over the Olympic parade. A nice, juicy Mumbai-style attack elsewhere in the UK while the Olympics are on will work just as well. And a Hell of a lot easier to pull off, since pretty much every copper who is firearms or public order trained will be in London. Every other UK city will be "protected" by a few Specials and a retired Landshark with false teeth...

Don't get me wrong; if the bad boys somehow manage to pull off a Jack Bauer Special and turn the Olympic Stadium into a glow in the dark car-park, I'll laugh my bollocks off. But it ain't gonna happen. London will be the safest city on earth. The rest of us are fucked.

It's also fucking stupid, unlike the terrorists who will already have worked out that the best place to target is anywhere but London. You don't have to slit Cameron's throat on live TV to piss all over the Olympic parade. A nice, juicy Mumbai-style attack elsewhere in the UK while the Olympics are on will work just as well. And a Hell of a lot easier to pull off, since pretty much every copper who is firearms or public order trained will be in London. Every other UK city will be "protected" by a few Specials and a retired Landshark with false teeth...

Don't get me wrong; if the bad boys somehow manage to pull off a Jack Bauer Special and turn the Olympic Stadium into a glow in the dark car-park, I'll laugh my bollocks off. But it ain't gonna happen. London will be the safest city on earth. The rest of us are fucked.
I'm hoping for a four man team to start dusting the honest to goodness folks of Levenshulme and Rusholme, I predict a very one side affair!

Anyway, I've had a call and your out of Yorkies in aisle 6..

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
considering the ease of the tech I remain surprised that an non nuke emp around the city of london hasnt been tried yet. mind you to be fair the EU have been a little preoccupied of late but I wouldnt put it past them.

They sounded like utter wankers..... bombs in toilets etc.

Granted they would be willing cannon- fodder if someone really dangerous recruited them, but they are hardly in the same league as the ones who have committed carnage.

How much is it costing this country to monitor shite like this?

Personally, I'd just prefer to deport the lot, it would be a lot cheaper, then we could spend taxes on things that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads