X2 and Comic Book Movies

#2
Tremaine said:
Saturday 02 May ITV1
9:20pm - 11:40pm
Bit long maybe, but a quality comic book Movie, they say.
Magneto played by Ian McKellen, and that Famke Janssen :twisted:
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5443/famkejanssenxv7.jpg

Will be watching. Anyone got a best and worst comic book film, and why?
Best: either Dark Knight or Watchmen. Excellent performances in both movies, especially Ledger who steals every scene he's in. 8)

Worst: Elektra was gash. And I was disappointed in Spiderman II.
 
#3
If you were disappointed enough in Spiderman 2 to select it as worst then don't watch Spiderman 3.
 
T

Tremaine

Guest
#4
Best: Watchmen Graphic novel adaptation with grown-ups, no teen-angst or cheese

Worst? Fantastic Four, low budget and carp special effects.
 
#5
incendiarycutlery said:
If you were disappointed enough in Spiderman 2 to select it as worst then don't watch Spiderman 3.
Too late! 8O

Actually, I found Spiderman 3 to be a guilty pleasure; my main beef with S2 was Doc Ock - never one of my favourite Bad Guys. Venom and the Sandman on the other hand were always cool.

I also like Peter's brief trip to the Dark Side. One thing I enjoyed was the fight between Peter and Harry; it's obvious that Peter is not holding back. He is much more vicious than usual and really trying to hurt Harry. :twisted:

Oh, and how many times can Mary Jane get kidnapped? She's worse than Jack Bauer's kid! :roll:
 
#6
Tremaine said:
Best: Watchmen Graphic novel adaptation with grown-ups, no teen-angst or cheese

Worst? Fantastic Four, low budget and carp special effects.
Yeah, but it had Jessica Alba in skin-tight Spandex... :drool:
 
T

Tremaine

Guest
#7
Jessica Alba in Spandex...just don't lounge around the wife in your Boxers when that's on...

Cat Woman , with that erm, Cream that gave her special powers. :? Always a pleasure to see Sharon (51 and ultra MILF )in Basic Instinct or even Halle, in X-Men - The Last Stand. But Cat Woman ? :roll:

X2 just started...ITV. You know you want to :D
 
#8
Best The new Batman franchise or Watchmen, Daredevil was underated IMHO and Hellboy 1&2 are fantastic. Electra I was given as a present gave up half way through and hit eject, took the disc sellotaped it to my Target and shot it with my bow.
Fantastic four are ok if watching with sprogs.
 
#9
Tremaine said:
Cat Woman , with that erm, Cream that gave her special powers. :? Always a pleasure to see Sharon (51 and ultra MILF )in Basic Instinct or even Halle, in X-Men - The Last Stand. But Cat Woman ? :roll:

X2 just started...ITV. You know you want to :D
Not seen the Catwoman one yet, though I have it on disc. Should I save time and introduce it to an arrow?
 

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
#10
Punisher with Dolph Lundgren was pretty good I thought.

Thought the new Superman was total bollox.

Spiderman 3 - I hated Venom as the dweeby reporter and thought Sandman was too 'indestructible' to be credible. Actually, Tobey Maquire is pathetic too. That series appears to be at a dead end at the minute.

Would like to see Judge Dredd done again, properly this time. And Rogue Trooper.
 
T

Tremaine

Guest
#11
"Not seen the Catwoman one yet, though I have it on disc. Should I save time and introduce it to an arrow? "

Patience... :D launch it only after you start to lose interest in Sharon and Halle's costumes, mate.
 
#12
Two movies based on the works of the same author, Alan Moore.

Best: V for Vendetta. 8)

Worst: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. :puker:
 
#13
Werewolf said:
Two movies based on the works of the same author, Alan Moore.

Best: V for Vendetta. 8)

Worst: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. :puker:
Don't mind LXG its ok if nothing else to do, V makes me want to kill politicians..................
 
#14
theiftaker said:
Werewolf said:
Two movies based on the works of the same author, Alan Moore.

Best: V for Vendetta. 8)

Worst: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. :puker:
Don't mind LXG its ok if nothing else to do, V makes me want to kill politicians..................
You say that like it's a bad thing! 8O :twisted:
 
#16
There has never been a good Punisher movie, though the last one came close. But the Garth Ennis Punisher Max stories would work better as a HBO series...the anti-Sopranos. 8)
 

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
#17
after hearing months of hype about the dark knight, to say I was a little underwhelmed is a bit like saying gordon brown is a tiny bit disliked recently.
all this 'oh it's so dark' pish. Watchmen peed all over it from a great height and showed it to be the bag of b*llox it was. and as for heath ledger... yawn. he's no jack nicholson.
agreed, judge dredd needs to be done properly. and a rogue trooper or strontium dog film done with the same flair and respect as Watchmen would rule.
 

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
#18
FrankCastle said:
There has never been a good Punisher movie, though the last one came close. But the Garth Ennis Punisher Max stories would work better as a HBO series...the anti-Sopranos. 8)
I thought the last one with Ray Stephens was appalling, but had a better story than the Tom Jane one. This latest one had some really woeful acting - primarily from the two lead baddies - and the plot was garbage. The inclusions of his lackey Micro was pointless, and only served to break up the scenes of Castle murdering all and sundry.

Tom Jane couldn't do the angst or the turmoil at all, and looked too 'Hollywood' to carry it off.

I still think the closest they came to a dark character and decent plot was the 1989 one. Not perfect by a long shot, and very hammy, but its brutal and kept me interested.

EDIT

I realy liked the Dark Night. Found it pushed all the right buttons, although the oddest thing in the film was a man wearing a black suit with pointy ears anda a cape. Everyone else looked like believable characters and it seemed to transcend the comic book genre.
 
#19
Command_doh said:
FrankCastle said:
There has never been a good Punisher movie, though the last one came close. But the Garth Ennis Punisher Max stories would work better as a HBO series...the anti-Sopranos. 8)
I thought the last one with Ray Stephens was appalling, but had a better story than the Tom Jane one. This latest one had some really woeful acting - primarily from the two lead baddies - and the plot was garbage. The inclusions of his lackey Micro was pointless, and only served to break up the scenes of Castle murdering all and sundry.

Tom Jane couldn't do the angst or the turmoil at all, and looked too 'Hollywood' to carry it off.

I still think the closest they came to a dark character and decent plot was the 1989 one. Not perfect by a long shot, and very hammy, but its brutal and kept me interested.
I liked Stevenson; hr had that hard as nails, sh1t kicked out of him look you need for the Punisher. But the script was sh1te, especially the two bad guys.

They would have done much better to adapt one of Ennis' story arcs; obviously, I would have picked The Slavers. :D
 
#20
maguire said:
after hearing months of hype about the dark knight, to say I was a little underwhelmed is a bit like saying gordon brown is a tiny bit disliked recently.
all this 'oh it's so dark' pish. Watchmen peed all over it from a great height and showed it to be the bag of b*llox it was. and as for heath ledger... yawn. he's no jack nicholson.
agreed, judge dredd needs to be done properly. and a rogue trooper or strontium dog film done with the same flair and respect as Watchmen would rule.
I thought DK was brilliant. However, I have to agree that Watchmen was the better movie.

You're right about Ledger; his Joker was far superior to Jack's. :twisted:
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top