X Factor

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by MrTracey, Apr 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If the tA is to be more deployable and better organised, and likely to train with Regular units,

Why don't I get the fuc*in X factor?

2. You do - 5%.

3. Yup, 5% instead of 13 (or at least i think it's 13!)

4. I thought it was about 9% lol

5. does anyone know?

i dont do it for the pay but it pis*es me off that we have to do a full 8 hours when my day is used up wether i do 6 or 14 hours and still get only a days pay. Our SSM must think its his money.

6. If you dont do it for the money why are you whining about erm...........money?

7. is it money?

or value for money?

8. my ta unit is value for money as we only gte a 2 days pay even tho we get in on a friday night and dont get home until 6 ocock on a sunday

9. msr

msr LE

At least we know what is on your mind when you do get home though ;)

msr

10. that is simply not on. Shame your unit, you are not being paid what you deserve.

11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Mr Tracey,

You should get a qtr day for Friday night, otherwise you have no reason to be working, and are technically not insured or subject to military law if you are not on the books.

However, you are only entitled to reduced x factor (5%) which is part of your standard pay. You do not get full x factor because you are not subject to all of the issues which build up x factor (complex, but includes service housing, liability for deployment (note, compulsory not mobilisation which can be appealed against) repeated separation etc).

Duke

12. U dont get it cos your PUMP basically..................

13. Some units apply the 24 hours rule a little too vigorously. Applied too techincally, you can interpret 8pm Friday to 8pm Sunday as 48 hours, and pay accordingly.

I've known some units pay a Quarter day for a Friday night start, although mine pay a Half day.

14. Ok but I think everyone should be treated the same and get what is due to them if they do the time every weekend and I did not realise that it was 24 hours to get a days pay as I thought it was 8 hours. whats the tea thing that i don't get anymore?. Where can I check pay levels and what I can claim?

(Checked for spelling after my cock slip up)