X factor

Have arrsers got the x factor. What will you do?

• I love the x factor and it will dominate my Saturday nights from now on.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I'll watch it under duress as all my family will be watching it

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • I'll. Watch it if theres nothing else on my guess.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I hate it and everything about it. Sooner stick pins in me eyes and eat shite

Votes: 69 71.9%
  • I'm one of those who will watch it but not admit to it.

Votes: 8 8.3%

• Total voters
Well it's that time of year again, that special time of year as the nights draw in and folk would rather stay in.
The new series of X Factor hits our screens at 20.00 hrs tonight and every Saturday right up until Christmas.
Pub trade will start to die off as people buy cheap supermarket booze and get a seat by the tele and a nice takeaway. So let's throw it out there.... Will you be embracing the best tv show ever made or keeping busy. Doing other things. Be honest about it or your just kidding yourself.

Well it's that time of year again, that special time of year as the nights draw in and folk would rather stay in.
The new series of X Factor hits our screens at 20.00 hrs tonight and every Saturday right up until Christmas.
Pub trade will start to die off as people buy cheap supermarket booze and get a seat by the tele and a nice takeaway. So let's throw it out there.... Will you be embracing the best tv show ever made or keeping busy. Doing other things. Be honest about it or your just kidding yourself.
I would rather nail my eyeballs to the living room wall but then i would have to listen to mrs oldmanron drivell on about the annual shitefest that is X Factor-ill go pub again and expect the usual "your always going to the pub "slagging after the crap has finished

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
There's always one **** on here and recently, Paton, it just seems to be you.

******* excellent, less hard work for me. Let the brainless twats drool themselves dry in front of their haunted fishtanks.

P

PrinceAlbert

To be fair, a few of them have real talent. It's just a shame that they get moulded into an "end product" instead of finding themselves and potentially making some groundbreaking music.

I agree, all of the "stars" to come out of the show are quite interchangeable. One ill before a gig? no worries ill go pick up an out of work washed up spare.

The guys to come out of Britians got talent tend to be a lot better than Xfactor.

I seem to be picking up on a lot of closet x factor fans right now. The poll is anonymous. So express yourself. Or pm me if you need to discuss it further. I'm not just on here to advise on special forces etc

I seem to be picking up on a lot of closet x factor fans right now. The poll is anonymous. So express yourself. Or pm me if you need to discuss it further. I'm not just on here to advise on special forces etc
A LOT ?? Theres only one one the voting list !! and i think thats you that is !!

Awful show, awful phenomenon in general.
Hasn't replaced the 'talent show' it's just a politically correct version of an old time 'freak show' - which people flock to in order to satisfy the same morbid curiosities & prurient interests that they ever did.

Now in contrast & in my day we had....

The Black & White Minstrel Show 1978 - Part 1 - YouTube

That dear Arrsers, was surely the zenith of variety entertainment in the western world.
We shall not see its like again.

Awful show, awful phenomenon in general.
Hasn't replaced the 'talent show' it's just a politically correct version of an old time 'freak show' - which people flock to in order to satisfy the same morbid curiosities & prurient interests that they ever did.

Now in contrast & in my day we had....

The Black & White Minstrel Show 1978 - Part 1 - YouTube

That dear Arrsers, was surely the zenith of variety entertainment in the western world.
We shall not see its like again.
went to see the Black & white minstels in blackpool in 1976 whilst on honeymoon-supported by a very juvenile Lenny Henry and i agree -hope NEVER to see the likes of it again- i feel scarred for life !!

As I hate the show with a passion, I have had to Google some of the past winners, since the whole money making fest kicked off in 2004.
Shayne Ward, Steve Brookstein, Matt McCardle, Joe McElderry, Leon Jackson and Little Mix anyone? The next big thing my arse. Even the two most successful winners, Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke aren't exactly pulling up trees when it comes to staying power and stardom. It is all about making dosh for a vain, preening prick called Simon Cowell, with a bit of associated success for the red tops who will peddle pages of crap about the show for the next few months. As for the judges - sweet Jesus!
Yes, I am an out of touch, middle aged, miserable old sod who can't converse with my kids about the "show", but I will reserve the right to retire to the spare room with a bottle of plonk to listen to some classic rock while the whole "journey" plays out to an inevitable conclusion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Royal Signals 773
evilone Officers 4
HVM_Boy Officers 23