Wyelands Bank

Blogg

LE
Yeh, thanks for that article behind a paywall. Twat.

Isn't for me and I don't subscribe

But maybe that is down choice of browser, search engine, opt out of "Legitimate Interest" cookies and Ghostery add on

"A lender owned by Sanjeev Gupta has been ordered to repay all of its depositors in an unprecedented intervention by the Bank of England amid surging pressure on the steel tycoon.

Wyelands Bank has been told by regulators to refund all retail customers following a cash injection by Mr Gupta.

The magnate's GFG Alliance empire has come under unprecedented scrutiny this week after its main financial backer Greensill Capital lost the support of two asset managers that had underpinned its supply chain financing model."

The Greensill link is "interesting", especially after the Wirecard AG disaster in Germany

"The development came as Frankfurt financial regulator BaFin banned Greensill's German bank in from selling assets and making payments because there is an imminent risk it could become over-indebted.

BaFin has ordered that the bank to close for business and blocked it from accepting payments that were not intended for repaying debt to Greensill Bank.

A probe by BaFin found irregularities over how Greensill Bank had booked certain assets, compounding the woes of parent company Greensill Capital as it seeks to stave off a damaging collapse.

One of the most serious findings was that the bank had booked claims for transactions that had not yet occurred but which were accounted for as if they had been"

Isn't for me and I don't subscribe

But maybe that is down choice of browser, search engine, opt out of "Legitimate Interest" cookies and Ghostery add on

"A lender owned by Sanjeev Gupta has been ordered to repay all of its depositors in an unprecedented intervention by the Bank of England amid surging pressure on the steel tycoon.

Wyelands Bank has been told by regulators to refund all retail customers following a cash injection by Mr Gupta.

The magnate's GFG Alliance empire has come under unprecedented scrutiny this week after its main financial backer Greensill Capital lost the support of two asset managers that had underpinned its supply chain financing model."

The Greensill link is "interesting", especially after the Wirecard AG disaster in Germany

"The development came as Frankfurt financial regulator BaFin banned Greensill's German bank in from selling assets and making payments because there is an imminent risk it could become over-indebted.

BaFin has ordered that the bank to close for business and blocked it from accepting payments that were not intended for repaying debt to Greensill Bank.

A probe by BaFin found irregularities over how Greensill Bank had booked certain assets, compounding the woes of parent company Greensill Capital as it seeks to stave off a damaging collapse.

One of the most serious findings was that the bank had booked claims for transactions that had not yet occurred but which were accounted for as if they had been"
Organised corruption? in a bank, how unexpected., who'd have thought it!

Wait until the next financial crash hits ? the governments have essentially bought the markets a couple of years grace with another financial bailout through money printing, one assumes those businesses not financed directly by reputable banks are under an intense squeeze.

Maybe not a household name but it has achieved a first in terms of UK banking sector: being told to repay all deposits taken from customers.

"Interesting" ownership and funding sources....

I wonder if the two things are, by any chance, related?

Blogg

LE

Complex structure

Opaque accounting

£4Bn of debt

Assets being shuffled around

Reliant on now bust Greensill Bank for funding.

Maybe his brothers can bail him out...

Blogg

LE

Ooohhh very much connected to Scottish Government

Last edited:

Blogg

LE
The plot thickens:

If you can't see that, it is the FT claiming that some fraud may just have been involved.

By the same, and now wholly bust, Greensill one Cameron, D, was recently lobbying for...

20210411_162906.jpg

Latest Threads