WYE VALLEY WALK - HELP NEEDED ---- PLEASE ???

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by legs-o-lead, Apr 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HELP - Transport Needed, South Wales.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calling any generous persons in South Wales....

I am walking 150 miles from Plinlimon to Chepstow along the Wye Valley Walk at the end of May, and need a lift to the start point on the A44 between Llangurig and Devils Bridge (near Aberystwyth). Getting back from Chepstow is not a problem.

The start point is a Forestry Commission car park and I plan to get there in the early evening of Friday 22nd May 09, prior to an early start on the saturday.

I live in Port Talbot (just off the M4 at Jcn 40), and will be taking one other, and one (possibly two) dogs.

I will of course pay for any fuel etc.

Anyone able to assist ? Please email me on paul.walters@swansea.gov.uk

Many thanks

Paul W

2. I would say yes but I have two GSDs but if you could get to Builth on the 17th I could give you a lift from there. Its not a problem to get there with the Heart of Wales railway line from Swansea but I would not be to sure of my dogs reaction to strangers for a couple of houres, at Builth there will be friends who could look after my 2 for a short time

3. Unfortunately, I can't do Aberystwyth on the 9th, or Builth on the 17th, but I could give you a lift from Aldershot to Salisbury on the 5th, or Cheltenham to Harrogate on the 7th if thats any help.