WWIII

You're not very good at this sock puppetry thing are you.

Oh dear! I know I don't usually do "serious" on here but....

I've got General Hackett's book "The Third World War" and while it was very well written, as a "future history" it was so wide of the mark as to be embarrassing.

In reality I believe WW3 is going on right now and it started on 11th September 2001

Normal piss taking service will be resumed as soon as possible

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Oh dear! I know I don't usually do "serious" on here but....

I've got General Hackett's book "The Third World War" and while it was very well written, as a "future history" it was so wide of the mark as to be embarrassing.

In reality I believe WW3 is going on right now and it started on 11th September 2001

Normal piss taking service will be resumed as soon as possible

As to a book far closer to the mark, with reference to Cold War type WW3, Kenneth Macksey's First Clash is quite good even if he's Canadian and deals with it mainly from that aspect.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Somerset will secede from the UK over the issue of the “cider tax”, the totally f’ing absurd minimum price per unit of alcohol proposals. The Cornish and the rest of the Celtic brotherhood will support the rebellion, the rest of the former empire will get on the bandwagon of revenge and the US will have the tough choice of the “special relationship” or the immigrant vote. And the Chinese will sell us all scooters to run to the hills. Duck and cover!

I don't know but Europe have hosted the last two tournaments (the finals anyway)... Maybe we should have it somewhere that is totally fucked anyway like Afghanistan or North Africa or Hull.

I don't know but Europe have hosted the last two tournaments (the finals anyway)... Maybe we should have it somewhere that is totally fucked anyway like Afghanistan or North Africa or Hull.
It's gotta be Hull, Mandy and 2Jags might end up as collateral damage. Every cloud......

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is it that time already?

[video=youtube;1VMll0OTNzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VMll0OTNzg[/video]

Excellent point. Nations queue up, bribe, lie, intimidate and downright bullshit for the honour of holding the Olympics or the World Cup. What we need is a World War Committee (Like FIFA and the Olympics Committee) and Nations should be encouraged to send sealed bids for the next World War. Think about it, the Advertising and Media Rights would be enormous (This is CNN bringing you the latest LIVE updates from the Fulda Gap..but first, a word from our sponsors, Cocal Cola,... it's the real thing....) Regimental Badges could be replaced by Corporate Logos and ActiVision would make a bomb (geddit) with their annual 'Call of Duty' games releases featuring the latest weaponry. Hey, we could even hold 'Medal Ceremonies' in Wembley or the O2 Arena!! The possibilities are boundless...... I think the Chinese would love to be the first....... the amount of money the Man U 'Red Army make annually through shirt sales would pale into insignificance compared to the REAL Red Army!