WWII P-47 Thunderbolts in action. — Video

P-47 Thunderbolts in action. A real aircraft, listen to the sweet sound of those engines! :wink:

This is a 62 year-old B&W movie that has been color enhanced. Note the casualty rate shown at the end.

The movie lasts 5 min 12 seconds, and begins showing immediately (no download time -- streaming video). Take a look using the link below.

Link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4368250464023128830&pr=googsl

Thank you very much Trip.

Without you, I dont know what we would do.

Youre like an automated google search engine.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Thank you very much Trip.

Without you, I dont know what we would do.

Youre like an automated google search engine.
Is this you on the boat, displaying the number in your intelligence quota? :roll: :wink:

Cnut! :roll:

TLF:

Lame as usual!

Don't get me wrong - the P47 pilots were brave guys and the 'Jug' was a great brute of an aircraft but.......

The closing stats say the Group launched 175 aircraft on a single day but lost 97 pilots? I appreciate that many of these would have bailed out and been recovered but that's more than a 50% loss rate? And all the time they were destroying over 400 ground targets and knocking down 137 of the Luftwaffe's finest? On a single day? That's about 4 targets ground and air targets each before anyone was shot down.

I repeat - I'm taking nothing away from the guys that did the business just that this seems to be a bit disengenuous - surely these stats refer to a longer time period? Am I reading it wrong? Apologies if I am.

Impressed by the initial CAS strike though - long range burst followed by another that really hit the button!

Latest Threads