WWI Group build

offog

LE
Now that it has got a little cooler I have been moving out of the loft.

Unfortunately the DH2 has not liked its time there. I think the heat has soffend the plastic and the tension in the wire (fishing line) distorted the struts.
1563690709640.png

Another reason to consider the material for the wire very carefully and EZline gets another tik.

@Sadurian

Flipping heck! Where's your loft, on Mercury? That got seriously hot! Put the parts in near boiling water and you should be able to straighten them.

offog

LE
Flipping heck! Where's your loft, on Mercury? That got seriously hot! Put the parts in near boiling water and you should be able to straighten them.
It's nowhere near as cold at that.

The cables are under tension and if you cast your mind back we talked about how to get the fishing line taut by using heat to contract it. This worked but did distort the frame a little. Heating up the frame more I think will be counter productive.

I think it is beyond help unless I derige it and replace the frame with aly tub.

I will put it down to lesson learned and hope that others learn from it.

I would have called time ages ago, but I admire your perseverance (and perspiration!).

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's nowhere near as cold at that.

The cables are under tension and if you cast your mind back we talked about how to get the fishing line taut by using heat to contract it. This worked but did distort the frame a little. Heating up the frame more I think will be counter productive.

I think it is beyond help unless I derige it and replace the frame with aly tub.

I will put it down to lesson learned and hope that others learn from it.
Try holding it in the steam from a kettle, that way you have some control over it.

offog

LE
Try holding it in the steam from a kettle, that way you have some control over it.
No I think it's a goner. You don't remember my post about my inability to do fine painting now the hands shake. I know you are trying to be helpful and thanks but steam in close proximity to hands is not likely to end well. I think it will be relegated to the top shelf where you can only see it from the front.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
No I think it's a goner. You don't remember my post about my inability to do fine painting now the hands shake. I know you are trying to be helpful and thanks but steam in close proximity to hands is not likely to end well. I think it will be relegated to the top shelf where you can only see it from the front.
Fair point I had forgotten, you could possibly use needle nose pliers to hold it there though. Seems a shame to bin it.

offog

LE
NOTHING in our house is ever thrown away. She has filled her wardrobe, taken over most of mine, taken most of our daughters and the garage is full of her stuff we can't possibly get rid of. I have boxes of sheets and quilts (her mother must have a new one every time she comes over which she does not want).

offog

LE
The Roland Cll is finished and had it's matt coat. It is now in pride of place collecting dust and comments of "why are you making them" and "haven't we got enough rubbish already"

IMG_20190802_155520123.jpg

IMG_20190802_155504361.jpg

Yes, they are curtains painted on the windows. Don't let anyone tell you that the Germans don't have a sense of humor.
IMG_20190802_155644659.jpg

1564839199337.png

ches

LE
Not done a bloody thing on my TE Lawro bust for at least a month. I'm only a cpl of hours away from finished but I'm well behind the masses here. Real life chores & tedious stuff getting in the way all the time.

Latest Threads