WWI Group build

finally all the pe and bracing wires are in, I'm calling this little DR1 done, I'll post images up of it in it's glass case.

Another kit that's been loitering in the stash is This Fokker 7, time to get it out on the desk.

bagged and ready to go

unusual decals, I'm guessing they are to be coloured in?

daz

LE
Another kit that's been loitering in the stash is This Fokker 7, time to get it out on the desk.

bagged and ready to go

unusual decals, I'm guessing they are to be coloured in?
Panel by panel....... that should be fun for you

08ff5730c.jpg

Last edited:
The story is that, had the Germans been equipped with the DVll earlier, the Airwar over the trenches would have been far more difficult. The DVll was, in the right hands superior to the SE5. After the war, quite a few DVll were handed over to country's to start new airforce. Some stayed in service for a number of years, they were that good.

blue and red colour scheme...
Latter day thinking is that the fuselage forward of the cockpit on Berthold's D.VII should be in the original fuselage colour (unbleached linen with an 'olive drab' overwash). Also, as an early production model, the engine vents are much simplified on what is depicted in the Revell D.VIIF kit, but hey ho; it's still one of their best efforts and a pleasure to build.

Attachments

Last edited:
Latter day thinking is that the fuselage forward of the cockpit on Berthold's D.VII should be in the original fuselage colour (unbleached linen with an 'olive drab' overwash). Also, as an early production model, the engine vents are much simplified on what is depicted in the Revell D.VIIF kit, but hey ho; it's still one of their best efforts and a pleasure to build.
so I've got to repaint the Fokker"!
Now why did he not take the blue right up to the metal nose piece, do you think he ran out of paint?

the under wing camouflage is like painting by numbers, time consuming and I'm unsure where this will end up?

the green doped canvas mid fuselage has moved it nearer the shelf of doom, adjacent to the scrap pile...

daz

LE
the under wing camouflage is like painting by numbers, time consuming and I'm unsure where this will end up?

the green doped canvas mid fuselage has moved it nearer the shelf of doom, adjacent to the scrap pile...
Would it be a bad time to point out that you can get pre coloured wing markings

creeping back just a touch from falling into the bin...
Daz,

As you've now risen to the challenge of Berthold's early model D.VII, a bit of detail filing might enhance things further wrt the engine cowl. While not his aircraft, this is a similar marque.

Latest Threads