WWI Group build

Managed to get an hour in tonight and made a bit of progress

IMG_2771.jpg

I'll get the second set of wheels in tomoz hopefully. Its progress, but its about as fast as a real Mk 1....

Picked up some Mig stuff

IMG_6230.jpg

Time for a re-think! Holt has been consigned to the "maybe later cupboard" after the dog had an argument with it.
Douglas m/c coming on well but I want more. I've decided to add the Standard B "Liberty" Truck (see my in-box review). Work has commenced and the chassis and engine are well underway. Photos will follow.
sorry for the mix up SH, how destroyed is the Holt, can it be used for a wreck diorama?

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
sorry for the mix up SH, how destroyed is the Holt, can it be used for a wreck diorama?
I've got some thoughts along the same lines Si, I'll have to utilise teeth marks for machine-gun bullet holes. It isn't too bad, more damage caused by yours truly throwing it at the dog. Nothing a spot of glue and some paint can't fix.

I've got some thoughts along the same lines Si, I'll have to utilise teeth marks for machine-gun bullet holes. It isn't too bad, more damage caused by yours truly throwing it at the dog. Nothing a spot of glue and some paint can't fix.
that'll be a great model to get your teeth into, hair of the dog so to speak.

The Stick Grenades have arrived, final pieces for the collection, they have their screw caps and fuses, quite good, the handles will need re working to "map to grid" that seam line.

you can see the seam line on the wooden handles better in this picture, I bet you could get some throwing distance with a grenade like these, carrying them would have been a pain though.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
that'll be a great model to get your teeth into, hair of the dog so to speak.
I think you'd have to be barking to try it, but then after a few whines, the situation could hound me until I retrieved it and setter good example. A few pointers may help, mutt I'm not to optimistic.

ugly

LE
groan

Not really, hermaphrodite is so 20th century, now-a-days, they'd be intersexed tanks :)
‘They’ tanks.

‘gott und Himmel, das ist ein Englander ‘They’. Mein gott’ as the hun ran away screaming.....

You could always claim that a real English schweinehund took it out :)

you can see the seam line on the wooden handles better in this picture, I bet you could get some throwing distance with a grenade like these, carrying them would have been a pain though.
Now I hate to say this - but aren't they Stielgrenat 24? c.1924 - pretty certain the WW1 model was quite different.
Apologies for ruining your day.

Now I hate to say this - but aren't they Stielgrenat 24? c.1924 - pretty certain the WW1 model was quite different.
Apologies for ruining your day.
Nicked from wikki,

Two First World War Stielhandgranaten alongside a vaguely similar Austrio-Hungarian ceramic design. The front Stielhandgranate is the Model 1917, and the back Stielhandgranate is the Model 1916. Note the visible belt clips.
MWP_Stielhandgranate.JPG

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It is common knowledge that the Germans used to tuck one or two stick grenades down the leg of their jackboots. I don't see that as practical but have seen pictures of this.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I knew I'd seen it somewhere...
b9ce0f726c259937b77de730313c39e3.jpg

one in each boot, no less. A true soldier.