WWI Group build

well that's this diorama done, just needs a glass dome to cover it. I'm not the best doing figures, but even I can't miss with resin figures of this quality. Next up, the half buried corpse of a dead German machine gunner.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
well that's this diorama done, just needs a glass dome to cover it. I'm not the best doing figures, but even I can't miss with resin figures of this quality. Next up, the half buried corpse of a dead German machine gunner.
Looks great I love the little comments too, very true to life

Making a start on the base. Slow going due to work, but a nice de-stressing activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making a start on the base. Slow going due to work, but a nice de-stressing activity.

That's coming along really nicely! What are you using for the dead leaves? I'm on my phone and can't make them out.

That's coming along really nicely! What are you using for the dead leaves? I'm on my phone and can't make them out.
Thanks, I bought a desert cam net off flea bay for a previous diorama and it came with the leaves. I’d like to claim an ingenious modelling idea, but they came in a little plastic bag.

That's fantastic! When I first saw the lump of clay it was sitting on I thought hmmm. I didnt have the vision you had. Now it's wow!!!!!

BTW you can buy pre cut leaves or get a punch set and cut your own.

Last edited:
That's fantastic! When I first saw the lump of clay it was sitting on I thought hmmm. I didnt have the vision you had. Now it's wow!!!!!

BTW you can buy pre cut leaves or get a punch set and cut your own.
Thanks. I was a little bit wary myself to be honest, but hopefully it’ll work out. I’ve just purchased a leaf punch. Thanks for the steer - but keep it amongst us, eh? Mrs Wob doesn’t need to know.

Believe me, having seen the best of the best at a model show yours is waaay up there. Same goes for the other guys on here.
And as no one reads my stuff anyway, no one will ever know about your exorbitant purchases! Lol

bloody hell that's ANOTHER ONE DONE.

When do you find time to eat?

Mostly finished, although I’d like to add a patch of poppies. Unfortunately I’m drawing a blank, all my efforts look rubbish.
I turn to the collective wisdom of ARRSE (what could go wrong) for advice.
Does anybody have any tips on how to make realistic looking flowers?
Ta.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Still struggling along with mine. The Holt has been almost binned three times, so I'm taking a break. The Douglas was horrendous but I think it's nearly there.

Mostly finished, although I’d like to add a patch of poppies. Unfortunately I’m drawing a blank, all my efforts look rubbish.
I turn to the collective wisdom of ARRSE (what could go wrong) for advice.
Does anybody have any tips on how to make realistic looking flowers?
Ta.

Show stopper as it is