WWI Group build

To be true you all are outstanding modellers. You should have an ARRSE table next year.
I'm outstanding...... out standing having a fag & a coffee normally :)

This where I have got to

IMG_5240.jpg

Thats where I have got to. Well behind you lot

My Takon Female MK IV just arrived in all its naked glory, I think it will take about 6 months to build just the tracks along, I nearly crapped, when it said MAKE 92, then turn the page and make the same again, lol
Only down side of it, I am assuming this was captured and turned against our side, as it has German markings, any place I could buy British markings and revert it to its true colours.?
I think you should of started off with the Airfix one Jim :)

Still some minor tidying of T.E's boatrace to do but have made a start on his head gear blocking in with a dark red. This a bit of artistic license on my part, according to most sources there wasn't much in the way of dyed shemaghs, head covering etc. They were mainly white (dirty too) as no need to dye them. But it does bring some colour to an otherwise dull colour scheme.
The box art shows a similar red as well as ornate embroidery & patterns to his outer wear but I'm going simplistic with mine to replicate things a bit closer to history. He only ever wore the ceremonial robes he was presented with once in the desert & then in France & UK during the Paris talks & for photo sittings.

1542123226489.png

Still some minor tidying of T.E's boatrace to do but have made a start on his head gear blocking in with a dark red. This a bit of artistic license on my part, according to most sources there wasn't much in the way of dyed shemaghs, head covering etc. They were mainly white (dirty too) as no need to dye them. But it does bring some colour to an otherwise dull colour scheme.
The box art shows a similar red as well as ornate embroidery & patterns to his outer wear but I'm going simplistic with mine to replicate things a bit closer to history. He only ever wore the ceremonial robes he was presented with once in the desert & then in France & UK during the Paris talks & for photo sittings.

View attachment 361475
Annoyingly good so far. Looking forward to the end result

some rust on my exhaust pipe.

I've decided to do my tank making a mess of the GOC's patio, I've to make the muddy tread marks on the immaculately swept Concrete, the General won't mind, but his fatigue party will.

General; "so Perkins, what are you doing differently this time, to reduce the attrition rate of your Tanks breaking down before they can support my Battle plan"
Major Perkins; "well General, I had hoped to reduce track mileage on
demonstrations for the General staff, like this one....Sir ".

Last edited:

View attachment 361475
Ches Mate, that Face, spot on for the real TE

WO2: "Scuse me suh, couldn't help overhearin what Major Perkins is saying to the GOC"
CO: "Believe me Sergeant Major, I wish I'd signed him off for leave"

Gearsman Smith found the perfect hiding place, (as he left his boot cleaning kit back with the Company.) He could just sit alone thinking about is orse back in Devon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Medals 16
aghart Canada 14
Trip_Wire Aviation 14