WWFE (Worst War Film Ever)

The wife put on Fury last weekend. I knew it was going to be bad, I just didn't realise how bad.
The little bloke in my head that complains about inaccuracies in films, has, only in the last couple of days stopped sobbing in agony. The film was just so bad, that at one point a Sherman bounces a shot from a PAK-40 at about 200 yards, and I barely flinched. I had been numbed into submission by the tsunami of excrement. Not a single redeeming feature.

I did note, with some amusement that apparently they had eight "military advisors" and not one "historical advisor".

Just thinking about it has caused my inner voice to start twitching again.

morsk

LE
Operation Dunkirk. Utter shite. Made for £11.50. Shit costumes, shit script, shiiiiiit acting. I was after the other Dunkirk and got this by mistake.

Second nomination. The other Dunkirk. Utter shite. made for fcukin millions. Clean costumes, shit script, shiiiiiiit acting.

Holy cow, it's on tonight! M4M as well!
Popcorn and beer at the ready.
Luke Goss, Adolph Lundgren and Mickey Rourke...

At least there is some real armour there...

plonker762

Swinger
The wife put on Fury last weekend. I knew it was going to be bad, I just didn't realise how bad.
The little bloke in my head that complains about inaccuracies in films, has, only in the last couple of days stopped sobbing in agony. The film was just so bad, that at one point a Sherman bounces a shot from a PAK-40 at about 200 yards, and I barely flinched. I had been numbed into submission by the tsunami of excrement. Not a single redeeming feature.

I did note, with some amusement that apparently they had eight "military advisors" and not one "historical advisor".

The last part of Fury would have been unnecessary if Brad Pitt had learned the ancient art of track bashing

The last part of Fury would have been unnecessary if Brad Pitt had learned the ancient art of track bashing
Why bother, he has guns and episcopes that can apparently angle so much they have effectively perfect vision with no sign of interference from pesky things like the hull of the tank blocking their LOS.

Operation Dunkirk. Utter shite. Made for £11.50. Shit costumes, shit script, shiiiiiit acting. I was after the other Dunkirk and got this by mistake.

Second nomination. The other Dunkirk. Utter shite. made for fcukin millions. Clean costumes, shit script, shiiiiiiit acting.
better off with the b&w john mills one tbh.

Then after the war there is some sort of referendum apparently, where the British public got to decide whether they should be sent home.
Referendum you say. So they must have had at least three and a half years to sort their shit out. What were they doing?

Why bother, he has guns and episcopes that can apparently angle so much they have effectively perfect vision with no sign of interference from pesky things like the hull of the tank blocking their LOS.
What's that noise in the distance? Can you hear it? There it is again.

Oh, it's the sound of a hundred tutting and twittering bores rushing towards their keyboards to type, "It's not a documentary. It's a drama!"

Oh, it's the sound of a hundred tutting and twittering bores rushing towards their keyboards to type, "It's not a documentary. It's a drama!"
Comedy more like.

Dunkirk 2017 - absolute pants. Actors with no military skills whatsoever. Script writer who doesn't know or understand the army. Wardrobe department that ignored historical detail. I could go on but even writing this is depressing ......

Seen on Amazon Prime but not so far watched... "Forgotten Army" Not the XIV th Army though ... this ones about the ******* JIFs...

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Watched 1917 the other night..

Wish I hadn't. Must be remarkably difficult to make a boring war film.

Inglorious Bastards, in whatever spelling you use, must come high low on the worst scale.

The Sound of Music.

Absolutely no action whatsoever despite several people prancing round in German army and Wafen SS uniforms. Utter shite.

Inglorious Bastards, in whatever spelling you use, must come high low on the worst scale.
Which one, the original or the remake

Both are meant to be B movies, and IMHO are gloriously quotable trashy films

If you're expecting a serious war film you're missing the point

Ardennes Fury is on the Sony Movie Channel now.

If you ever wondered what could be achieved with a bunch of of no-name actors, a 16 year old art director let loose with CGI and a £750 budget.... now's your chance.

Latest Threads