WWFE (Worst War Film Ever)

Yeh, well, um, this site is full of narrow mindness regarding the TA. Our hands are tied, we know what we would like to do, but MTDs and funding make it impossible to train effectively.

E

error_unknown

You have seen a film about the TA... It's just about every British 2nd WW movie about anything that happened after Dunkirk and before the fall of Berlin...

I thank you... :wink:

X-Inf

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Soldier Why

How did you know Trunnion-Tilt was an ex-RSM doing what he trained all his life for? :lol:

Trunnion-Tilt said:
Yeh your right, The territorial's cannot possibly be as good as our regular brethren as we do not have the investment, funding or the time to be as proficient as you.
at least youre admitting that youre shite.
will the rest of the TA now please be as honest.

U-571

what a pile of w@nk. and to cap it all, it was NOT USN but RN/RNVR who found the Enigma machine.

and Bletchley cracked it not those yankee fkrs.

tossers even admitted it in the credits , with the REAL story condensed into 2 sentences. fkn outrageous !

anything with jon bon jovi has got to be kak.

OsamaBinLiner

Old-Salt
Anyone remember the training film about the fat unfit recruit who shoveled pies down his neck in the cookhouse and then let his mates down because he was a 'mess of fat'? Probably contributed to dozens of bullying-induced suicides, that one.

ballbag1010

Swinger
It has to be anything that the Yanks have made and claimed to have saved the world in. Arrogant fools!

One of the most depressing war movie ever, to long, to intense, to everything, unless really of a depressive nature, you know who you are....
'Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence'

The Drugs awarness film. No scandalous shots of Squaddies getting off their faces on E , and some Colonels wife banging on remorselessly about the effects of drugs on the system.

Still, if you can't get to sleep you can always bang it on video.

Maj_Boothroyd

War Hero
If you mean Hollywood films it has to be "Windtalkers" Yes the Spams used Navajo Indians to speak in their native tongue, but they used the code strategically, not tactically as in the John Woo film. But I suppose the life of scally bleep would involve more donuts and pies than explosions and heroism.

As for SSVC films it has to be the Health & Safety one with "Thick Rick". If you think it's bad having to watch it annualy have some sympathy for the poor sod taking the class (me!) who has to watch it several times. Arghhhhh!

Mr Happy

LE
blessed baby cakes said:
Tears of the Sun.....true Rhino_Stopper what a crock!
Crock indeed. A real yank unit would have called up airpower to pound the village that was being slowly tortured and murdered to death into the stone age. Whooar.

Joker

War Hero
MajorMalfunction said:
Anyone remember the training film about the fat unfit recruit who shoveled pies down his neck in the cookhouse and then let his mates down because he was a 'mess of fat'? Probably contributed to dozens of bullying-induced suicides, that one.
I believe it was called too fat to fight. Classic "educational" Viewing. Especially the part when it shows the fat developing on a young Tom with large amounts of latex. Brilliant

Also reading one of the previous posts reference the "Recce Partrol" With its sequel the "Fighting Patrol". Certainly learned how to deal with mines in that one. For those that have not seen it, you can forget your hitec scanners and radar to locate the nasty b'stards. All you need is a pair of PLCE rocket pouches and a long arm!

"Too Fat To Fight" is outstanding! Especially the scene where someone decides that the vibrating belt on a weight-reduction machine may be better employed pleasuring his lower groin than massaging his fat handles, so he promply turns around and lowers the belt!

Crap films: anything with Schwarzenegger, Cruise, Willis etc! Also, anything with John Wayne in - war dodging git! In defence of the Thin Red Line film, it was based on the excellent James Jones book, as was From Here to Eternity.

Joker said:
MajorMalfunction said:
I believe it was called too fat to fight. Classic "educational" Viewing. Especially the part when it shows the fat developing on a young Tom with large amounts of latex. Brilliant

Also reading one of the previous posts reference the "Recce Partrol" With its sequel the "Fighting Patrol". Certainly learned how to deal with mines in that one. For those that have not seen it, you can forget your hitec scanners and radar to locate the nasty b'stards. All you need is a pair of PLCE rocket pouches and a long arm!
"And we'll take CPL SNOOKS,He speaks fluent FANTASIAN"

GI Jane, what a load of shit!!

U- 571 to the person who wrote about the Royal Navy capturing the first one (egnima), you are correct, if you fast forwarded the video or DVD to the end it tells the viewers that the Americans were not the first one to capture one, the film was made in honour of them e.g. the Crew from HMS Belfast (i think), because the British Film commission would not give them any money to help tell the true story about the Royal Navy crew. - For Christ sake before you talk or write read up.

Saving Private Ryan - crock of shit i thought the British and the Candians and the most of europe where involved in the D - Day landings, but yet again it proves that Amercians saved our arses - What a load of shit

Unknown_Quantity

War Hero
Saving Private Ryan - crock of s*** i thought the British and the Candians and the most of europe where involved in the D - Day landings, but yet again it proves that Amercians saved our arses - What a load of s***
I've no problem with Saving Pte Ryan, it was an American film, based in the American TAOR. How many Brits landed at Omaha Beach? How many Spams joined us at Juno and Gold? Different areas different people.

Latest Threads