WW3 news

.... and 'innocent' Soviet troops were punished for it
Day shift will next claim Poles and French took Berlin, the innocent russian lads were just minding their own business, govner...

Rape was committed by soldiers of many nationalities, it was even admitted to by the Soviets, but time has moved on and it has to be wiped from history
I would like to quote your source
French troops took part in the invasion of Germany, and France was assigned an occupation zone in Germany. Perry Biddiscombe quotes the original survey estimates that the French for instance committed "385 rapes in the Constance area; 600 in Bruchsal; and 500 in Freudenstadt."
Btw, I have been in Freudenstadt (it is in Swarzwald). It is not a big town. People who live in such small towns use to know each other. Many of them are relatives and events happened during the war remained in memory for decades.
You may see that during WW2 population of Freudenstadt was about 10 thousands and 5 thousands were femails. So we see that 10% of women were raped.
Let's look at another town Bruchsal
Population at the end of the war was about 12-13 thousands and again we see that about 10% of women were raped.
So we have 2 cases of mass rapes happened in relatively small towns where about 10% of ALL women (including small girls and the old ones) were raped.
There are allegations that 2 millions of German women were raped the part of Germany occupied by the Red army. It is about 10% of all women in the Soviet zone of occupation. If the allegation is correct then we should know about a lot of small towns where 10% of women were raped by Soviet soldiers. But no one historian presents even one such an example. It has a very simple explanation. Any such a story about 10% of raped in a town where literally everybody knows everybody would be immediately spotted as a falsehood. So we see that initial allegation about 2 mln. of raped is false.

I would like to quote your source

Btw, I have been in Freudenstadt (it is in Swarzwald). It is not a big town. People who live in such small towns use to know each other. Many of them are relatives and events happened during the war remained in memory for decades.
You may see that during WW2 population of Freudenstadt was about 10 thousands and 5 thousands were femails. So we see that 10% of women were raped.
Let's look at another town Bruchsal
Population at the end of the war was about 12-13 thousands and again we see that about 10% of women were raped.
So we have 2 cases of mass rapes happened in relatively small towns where about 10% of ALL women (including small girls and the old ones) were raped.
There are allegations that 2 millions of German women were raped the part of Germany occupied by the Red army. It is about 10% of all women in the Soviet zone of occupation. If the allegation is correct then we should know about a lot of small towns where 10% of women were raped by Soviet soldiers. But no one historian presents even one such an example. It has a very simple explanation. Any such a story about 10% of raped in a town where literally everybody knows everybody would be immediately spotted as a falsehood. So we see that initial allegation about 2 mln. of raped is false.
It’s possible that people who knew people could be raped by armed men

It’s possible that people who knew people could be raped by armed men
I used serious argument. And you apparently haven't any counter arguments. If one speaks about mass rapes then there should be examples of mass rapes including ones happened in villages and small towns.
Do you agree with it? That a claim about mass rapes should be backed by proper examples?

But there are no any credible examples. I mean alleged mass rapes in the Soviet zone of occupations. No doubt that some isolated separate cases happened. But there is no ground to speak about namely mass rapes.

I used serious argument. And you apparently haven't any counter arguments. If one speaks about mass rapes then there should be examples of mass rapes including ones happened in villages and small towns.
Do you agree with it? That a claim about mass rapes should be backed by proper examples?

But there are no any credible examples. I mean alleged mass rapes in the Soviet zone of occupations. No doubt that some isolated separate cases happened. But there is no ground to speak about namely mass rapes.
No - your argument was based on projecting 10% 10% 10% and saying that in small towns people know each other so it’s impossible to have 10% rape if they know each other

Look here - multiple sources cited. Including soviet at the time

You are in denial cleansing history

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/236797216_Rape_and_War_Gender_and_Nation_Victims_and_Victimizers_Helke_Sander's_BeFreier_und_Befreite

BeFreier und BeFreite

Helke Sander interviews multiple German women who were raped in Berlin by Soviet soldiers in May 1945. Most women never spoke of their experience to anyone, due largely to the shame attached to rape in German culture at that time. She documents the pregnancies, abortions, illegitimate children that resulted, as well as the break down in family relationships, the stigmatization these women experienced, and mental and physical duress these women underwent at the time of the rapes and as treaties were passed between the German and Soviets that never mentioned reparations for the rapes. She also interviews Soviet and German soldiers who admitted to raping women during the war. Sander uses archival footage, re-enactment, personal testimony, and voice over commentary to describe the extent and result of wartime rapes. She also makes clear that her work is politically motivated to bring wartime rape to the attention of international committees, arguing that war rapes continue today. Her film convinced the UN to list wartime rape as a war crime.

No - your argument was based on projecting 10% 10% 10% and saying that in small towns people know each other so it’s impossible to have 10% rape if they know each other

Look here - multiple sources cited. Including soviet at the time

You are in denial cleansing history

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/236797216_Rape_and_War_Gender_and_Nation_Victims_and_Victimizers_Helke_Sander's_BeFreier_und_Befreite

BeFreier und BeFreite

Helke Sander interviews multiple German women who were raped in Berlin by Soviet soldiers in May 1945. Most women never spoke of their experience to anyone, due largely to the shame attached to rape in German culture at that time. She documents the pregnancies, abortions, illegitimate children that resulted, as well as the break down in family relationships, the stigmatization these women experienced, and mental and physical duress these women underwent at the time of the rapes and as treaties were passed between the German and Soviets that never mentioned reparations for the rapes. She also interviews Soviet and German soldiers who admitted to raping women during the war. Sander uses archival footage, re-enactment, personal testimony, and voice over commentary to describe the extent and result of wartime rapes. She also makes clear that her work is politically motivated to bring wartime rape to the attention of international committees, arguing that war rapes continue today. Her film convinced the UN to list wartime rape as a war crime.
Sorry, but all your 'examples' are just
- descriptions of isolated case
- or doubtful estimates
- or just emotional but baseless accusations.
I asked about concrete example of small towns or villages where significant number of women (10%) were raped by invading Soviet soldiers. I tell about namely small towns because it is no so hard task to interview its inhabitants to make credible conclusion.
2 mln. it was about 10% of overall female population of the part of Germany that was occupied by the Red army. So if this allegation is true then there should be a lot of such small towns and villages where mass rapes (with no less than 10% were raped).
As for French occupation zone then there are such examples. So where they are in the case with the Soviet occupation zone?

There are claims that up to 2 mln. of German women were raped

- or doubtful estimates
I asked about concrete example of small towns or villages where significant number of women (10%) were raped by invading Soviet soldiers. I tell about namely small towns because it is no so hard task to interview its inhabitants to make credible conclusion.
2 mln. it was about 10% of overall female population of the part of Germany that was occupied by the Red army. So if this allegation is true then there should be a lot of such small towns and villages where mass rapes (with no less than 10% were raped).
As for French occupation zone then there are such examples. So where they are in the case with the Soviet occupation zone?

Blah blah blah
- or doubtful estimates

So you’re happy now to accept that Soviet soldiers raped civlians? It’s just the numbers you’re not happy with

Blah blah blah
I disagree. I proposed the argument that you failed to address.
I would like to repeat it.
If on some territory 10% of women were raped then there should be villages or small towns (a lot of them) where number of the raped were 10%.
So to back the allegation about mass rape one should present examples of such villages or small towns.
You failed to demonstrate even one such an example. All your sources contain either emotional accusations or description of isolated cases. But no one your source points to the example of the type I meant.

So you’re happy now to accept that Soviet soldiers raped civlians? It’s just the numbers you’re not happy with
Not only Soviet soldiers raped women, the German ones did it as well. And US/UK/French ones also raped women during WW2. So what is your point?

Last edited:
I disagree. I proposed the argument that you failed to address.
I would like to repeat it.
If on some territory 10% of women were raped then there should be villages or small towns (a lot of them) where number of the raped were 10%.
So to back the allegation about mass rape one should present examples of such villages or small towns.
You failed to demonstrate even one such an example. All your sources contain either emotional accusations or description of isolated cases. But no one your source points to the example of the type I meant.

Not only Soviet soldiers raped women, the German ones did it as well. And US/UK/French one also raped women during WW2. So what is your point?
My point is that a coupe of days ago you were in total denial saying that only the Jews committed rape

My point is that a coupe of days ago you were in total denial saying that only the Jews committed rape
You are absolutely wrong. I didn't claim that ONLY Jews committed rape. I only suggested that it (the rapes) was possible. My allegation was based on two points.
- the claim made on Yad Vashem site that the Jews in the ranks of the Red army waged war according to Jewish customs.
- quotes from Jewish holly book where the customs (some of them) were described.
No one our friend here contested these two points.

I reckon that there are a lot of theories, allegations emerged after WW2. Most of them remain just allegations not backed by facts or/and statistics.
From my point of view it is logical to suggest that at least part of rapes in Germany were conducted by Jewish servicemen. But how big are respective numbers only God knows.
You are content to take the line that Jews committed the atrocities and back that up with ‘culture’ from thousands of years ago, references to research is ‘unfounded’ and as usual for Russian deflection ‘please show proofs’, interviews from victims and witnesses is nothing. They are all unfounded allegations

Latest Threads