Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW3 news

The Russian Foreign Ministry condemned the passage of the USS John S McCain destroyer into Russia’s waters in the Peter the Great Gulf. In their statement, the ministry stated that it sees the US’s move as an open provocation aimed at violating peace and order in the waters.
In Soviet times 12-mile territorial water boundary was extended by Soviet government to whole the Peter the Great Gulf in the sea of Japan. US government disagreed and and now disagrees with the boundary.
The Navy on Tuesday sent another warship to challenge maritime claims in the Western Pacific, this time in an area claimed by Russia, according to a 7th Fleet spokesman.
The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain, based at Yokosuka, “asserted navigational rights and freedoms in the vicinity of Peter the Great Bay in the Sea of Japan,” with a freedom of navigation operation aimed at challenging Russia’s “excessive maritime claims,” Lt. Joe Keiley said in the statement.
“By conducting this operation, the United States demonstrated that these waters are not Russia's territorial sea and that the United States does not acquiesce in Russia's claim that Peter the Great is a ‘historic bay’ under international law,” Keiley added.

Therein lies your first mistake. You quoted the Daily Express. A hive of terrible, inaccurate, lacklustre journalism. On par with The National Enquirer

In Soviet times 12-mile territorial water boundary was extended by Soviet government to whole the Peter the Great Gulf in the sea of Japan. US government disagreed and and now disagrees with the boundary.
Wait. Is the world supposed to be afraid of your kleptomaniac, failed country this week or roll on the floor laughing at your crooked, festering hole of a failed country? It's so hard to keep track.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
@KGB_resident you really do post some utter bollocks. Take less illegal drugs or post on mumsnet. K. Thanks. Bye.

Therein lies your first mistake. You quoted the Daily Express. A hive of terrible, inaccurate, lacklustre journalism. On par with The National Enquirer
Well, I could quote BBC
Moscow accused the USS John S McCain of travelling 2km (1.2 miles) across its maritime border in Peter the Great Gulf and says it threatened to ram the ship.
The US warship then left the area, according to Russia.
However, the US Navy denied any wrongdoing and said its ship had not been "expelled".
Really I used The Express intentionally - to demonstrate how such type incident could be presented by some marginal news sources.
Of course it is too far from WW3 but...
In 1988, a Soviet frigate, the Bezzavetny, "bumped" a US cruiser, the Yorktown, in the Black Sea, accusing it of intruding in territorial waters.
Relations between Moscow and Washington remain strained, and President Vladimir Putin has still not congratulated Joe Biden on his victory in the US presidential election.
The two countries have also yet to finalise the last remaining nuclear arms pact between them, which is due to expire in February.
In 2017, the USS John S McCain was involved in a collision with an oil tanker off Singapore, when 10 sailors were killed.
Now imagine that a collision happens in the sea of Japan between Russian and US naval vessels. Would it be a problem?

Last edited:
the express has 3 set stories,war,snow and carol kirkwoods tits

To be fair I've rather see stories about Carol Kirkwoods tits than a lot of stuff that passes for news these days

Well, I could quote BBC

Really I used The Express intentionally - to demonstrate how such type incident could be presented by some marginal news sources.

Now imagine that a collision happens in the sea of Japan between Russian and US naval vessels. Would it be a problem?
And we're supposed to be interested in your troll agitprop because why precisely?

To be fair I've rather see stories about Carol Kirkwoods tits than a lot of stuff that passes for news these days
1606583404595.png

She seems to know a bit about dogging too...

And we're supposed to be interested in your troll agitprop because why precisely?
I believe that BBC uses to pay attention to sufficiently important news and as the news are related to the military then it could (or could not) be interesting to our friends here. As for you personally then just ignore this or similar threads.

I believe that BBC uses to pay attention to sufficiently important news and as the news are related to the military then it could (or could not) be interesting to our friends here. As for you personally then just ignore this or similar threads.
Borrrrrrrrring. No beetroots for you tonight tovarich. Your shift manager will NOT be pleased.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well, I could quote BBC

US would probably be doing Russia a favour by sinking their ships!

Latest Threads