WW2 Small Arms Training pamphlets

Attachments

That is a great resource you have there. The rifle pam has settled a couple of questions about the use of sights that have been at the back of my mind for a long time. So much for the six o'clock hold, gravelbellies!

I had a look at one of the Pams for practice shoots and it named the target as a Figure 4a. This got me thinking - I've only ever used Figure 11s and 12s, does anyone know what the previous iterations looked like? I tried googling Figure 4a target without success.

Compare & contrast the material in the pistol pams through time. It really was pretty thin by the end. Not that it was that impressive in the beginning, mind...

I had a look at one of the Pams for practice shoots and it named the target as a Figure 4a. This got me thinking - I've only ever used Figure 11s and 12s, does anyone know what the previous iterations looked like? I tried googling Figure 4a target without success.
If you take a look at Volume V of the Small Arms Training manuals, all of the targets are shown in there. If it isn't on that page, it's at www.vickersmachinegun.org.uk/manual.htm

Glad you like the site.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Latest Threads