WW2 RAF veterans medals stolen as his ashes are scattered

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Countryman, Aug 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7562117.stm

Doug Mayers was a WW2 RAF veteran, who died last year, when his family went to scatter his ashes a fortnight ago his house was broken into and his medals stolen. :evil:

Don't know what exactly to do to the scrotes, so long as it's long and painful.

Edit for mong spelling, and updated article link
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

I'm pleased and proud to have numerous sets of family medals on display at home, going back to the 19th Century. No great heroes, just guys who did their thing for Queen and Country. I would be gutted if they were lost.

My sympathy goes to the lady.
  3. likewise B_S

I'm the family repository for all things military, i'd be gutted if anything went walkabout.

String the scrotes up with piano wire once found. Hopefully anyone being offered them willcontact the old bill immediately and drop the wnakers in it.
  4. blue-sophist

The tragedy is that the uneducated illiterate scrotes that do that sort of thing have absolutely no concept of what the medals are, or what they represent, of the fact that most of them are virtually worthless [in money terms]. The emotional value [two words NOT in their vocabulary] are massive.

Outrage meter ... deffo 9, bordering on 10.
    Magistrate's Order ... 100 hours community service at a War Graves Commission site near you [and a PM to ARRSE members telling them where and when] :wink:
  5. Nice idea, however i'd rather spend my time doing someting constructive. Like maybe digging a nice 6ft long 6 ft deep hole for the little barstewards to be placed into,
    and then terrorised to within an inch of their worthless lives
  6. Sod digging graves, just a short sharpe 9mm to the brain base and left to feed the birds/rats etc etc.

When will the people who run this country start to realise, we are breeding a scum nation with no respect or set of ideals?

I for one cant wait for the civil war that is, with any luck, not far away.

Chavs will be very very close to the first to go.
  7. You say 100 hours tongue in cheek but that lad who defaced the war memorial in Birmingham got community services and £110 fine, if the medal thief were caught he/she could expect just a small fine, that's all, nothing more.
  8. I would suggest not having such valuable heirlooms on display. I know there's the 'what's the point of having them if I can't display 'em' school of thought, but having such tempting items on display is a green light to a break in - especially if they're visible from outside. I know they look great on the wall, but how safe do you feel having them there when you're out?

As for this story? I sometimes wonder if there IS a God? :pissedoff:
  9. First class ticket for the outrage bus please. Words fail me.

Putting aside the obvious thoughts of lingering painful retribution for the pondlife concerned. Do you think the medals office would replace the stolen ones? Not the same I know, but would be a good gesture.
  10. Community service/ re-education at a CWGC site could possibly work, personally I think a good beating would probably be more effective and certainly more of a deterant.
  11. msr

msr LE

12. blue-sophist

I always understood He moves in mysterious ways ... so perhaps there is, but He's hard to pin down.

Certainly many of His ways are beyond my comprehension.

[with apologies to Sven for borrowing his capitalisation]
  13. Bring back the birch and when they get hold of these low life scum make them bleed.

I have my Grandfathers medals and would be devistated if they went.

Is there still room on the Outrage Bus?