WW2 photo of heavy MP.

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by _Chimurenga_, Jun 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

Not too long ago in one of the threads, there was a black and white photograph of a heavyset British military policeman from WWII. I've spent an hour with the search function trying to locate it, but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know where it is located ?
  2. Just google 'SIB Staff Sergeant'.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

T'was the Ally thread, no?
  4. It's probably in the TA section.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It's Ronnie Brker, and rationing wasn't an issue, clearly.
  6. _Chimurenga_

Thank you, Mamontgo.
  7. _Chimurenga_

I mean this ...

8. That has to be a PR stunt to remind the enemy just how well fed the British were.
  9. That's not a monkey...
  10. Sad to say looks like Field Security, Int Corps cap badge quite clearly showing.
  11. I'm sure there was a photo of that pair in Len Deighton's 'Fighter', but my dodgy memory tells me the sergeant was saluting. I'll have to dig it out. The caption said the German was being repatriated, but didn't give the details.

"I look down on him. I am upper class." etc..
  12. He'll never find that photo, I don't think the bulk of the RMP has ever seen one in the flesh outside of the office, let alone in a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE

13. The German geezer looks like he's on a modelling assignment.
  14. It is, as I remember, except for no salute. The 'Fighter' version seems to have been taken from a slightly different camera angle, with Beefy blocking the view of the other Germans. Also taken a millisecond later withs Fritz (Lieutenant Heinz-Georg Möllenbrok) looking more forward and his left foot on the ground. I wonder what the circumstances were.

PS Exchange of wounded prisoners in Sweden, apparently. Discussed here;

The above suggests it was a Red Cross marked ship in a neutral port, although Beefy seems to have a Webley. Does that correspond with the rules?