WW1 Boy Soldier Walt 'Fought at Ypres'

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Interestingly enough Patton believed he had been reincarnated. He claimed a number of previous lives including as one of Alexander the Great's troops, with Napoleon in the retreat from Moscow and at Picket's Charge at Gettysburg.

He put some of his emotions down in a poem called "Through a Glass Darkly".

Riffs, Tiffs and What Ifs: Old Blood and Guts - Through a Glass Darkly

Less you think that's poetic license, there's a fair amount of testimony from contemporaries that he did genuinely believe he'd been reincarnated.

Wordsmith

There's a recognised phrase for individuals who believe they were previously a reincarnation of someone else.

The phrase is "fucking fibber".

Isnt it usually the local down and out wino that is the reincarnation walt.

Maybe the arrsepedia article on walts needs ammending to include this breed of headbiff

Looks like she's ran out of do-gooding causes to back and is now trying to keep herself in the public eye by telling whoppers.

Your old love and the works drying up quicker than your clunge.

Fuck off and make jam or stand talking to yourself at bus stops like all the other birds your age will you?

Just too funny..

I cannot click any more 'Like' , it would be weird.

I visited the "Wolf's Lair" in Eastern Poland last week and I found the peace and quiet of the forrest surprisingly calming too - fortunately I didn't 'recognise places' on my jaunt round the bunkers.

I'm right wing but not that right wing.

I visited the "Wolf's Lair" in Eastern Poland last week and I found the peace and quiet of the forrest surprisingly calming too - fortunately I didn't 'recognise places' on my jaunt round the bunkers.

I'm right wing but not that right wing.
You never know you could have been a brick there in a previous life. No reason why you can't be an inanimate object.

You never know you could have been a brick there in a previous life. No reason why you can't be an inanimate object.
It's funny you should say that because I did become rather fascinated with a block of concrete covered with ceramic tiles on one side.............could it be that I was once one of those missing tiles?

The guide did get a bit upset when I suggested that they could probably find the missing tiles on E -bay.

She's barking. The old dog.

Nope - first rule of reincarnation. You have to have been someone famous in a previous life.

"All in all, I was another brick in the wall" won't cut it.

Wordsmith
Yes, why is that?

The only time the reincarnee was a nobody, it was a particularly tragic nobody, or one in a position of proximity to greatness. Cleopatra must have had more handmaidens than there were men on a certain balcony.

Yes, why is that?

The only time the reincarnee was a nobody, it was a particularly tragic nobody, or one in a position of proximity to greatness. Cleopatra must have had more handmaidens than there were men on a certain balcony.
It's walting, but taken to a whole new level.