WW1 Boy Soldier Walt 'Fought at Ypres'

Discussion in 'Waltenkommando' started by Stanchion, May 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Interestingly enough Patton believed he had been reincarnated. He claimed a number of previous lives including as one of Alexander the Great's troops, with Napoleon in the retreat from Moscow and at Picket's Charge at Gettysburg.

He put some of his emotions down in a poem called "Through a Glass Darkly".

Riffs, Tiffs and What Ifs: Old Blood and Guts - Through a Glass Darkly

Less you think that's poetic license, there's a fair amount of testimony from contemporaries that he did genuinely believe he'd been reincarnated.

Wordsmith

2. She is mostly likely closer to the Ab Fab character than we realise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. There's a recognised phrase for individuals who believe they were previously a reincarnation of someone else.

The phrase is "fucking fibber".

4. I was Julius Ceasars Chief Eunuch but i don't go bragging about it.

5. She looks more like one of Orcs in the Battle for Middle Earth than a Tommy defending the Yser

6. Isnt it usually the local down and out wino that is the reincarnation walt.

Maybe the arrsepedia article on walts needs ammending to include this breed of headbiff

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks like she's ran out of do-gooding causes to back and is now trying to keep herself in the public eye by telling whoppers.

Your old love and the works drying up quicker than your clunge.

Fuck off and make jam or stand talking to yourself at bus stops like all the other birds your age will you?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah she does these days but still would have when she was Purdey in the New Avengers.

9. Nope, Auld_Yin really was in the Army.

• Like Like x 1
  10. What do you expect, she's an actress for God's sake dahling....

Out of appreciation for the many Purdey-themed wanks of my early teens, I'll let her off this one, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just too funny..

I cannot click any more 'Like' , it would be weird.

12. I visited the "Wolf's Lair" in Eastern Poland last week and I found the peace and quiet of the forrest surprisingly calming too - fortunately I didn't 'recognise places' on my jaunt round the bunkers.

I'm right wing but not that right wing.

13. You never know you could have been a brick there in a previous life. No reason why you can't be an inanimate object.

14. It's funny you should say that because I did become rather fascinated with a block of concrete covered with ceramic tiles on one side.............could it be that I was once one of those missing tiles?

The guide did get a bit upset when I suggested that they could probably find the missing tiles on E -bay.