WW 2 souvenirs

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by blind662, Dec 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :wink: Just been give a couple of Items that my Grandad brought back from the Second world war, I have no history of where he was only that my father thinks he was in the Devon's and my have been Airborne

Was wondering if the power of ARRSE can once again save my ARRSE as Ive boasted :oops: to my dad that I will be able to get them Identified on here

Sorry for the size :wink:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Will do it in two posts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your help :D

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

The obvious answer to the first one would be some form of Kriegsmarine Dress wear; other than that I don't have a clue, but someone on here will do.

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Whatever it is, it's cool as fcuk.

What an awesome souvenir!

7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

second ones a germand trench knife

8. That brilliant thanks so far guys ,I never think to google stuff like this abit embarrassing really

9. If you're interested, 12th Devons were indeed Airborne - they were an Airlanding Battalion (i.e. glider riders) with 6th Airlanding Brigade, 6th Airborne Division. They fought in Normandy, the Ardennes and in Germany, finishing the war on the Baltic coast, near Luebeck. Does that fit with your grand-dad's story?

10. Thanks for that signalman, will have to find out more from my father as I don't know very much about his service record

11. blind, can you spell out the markings on the Navy dagger?
    to help me out my goggle misery...

12. Not a problem it says E.u.F.HORSTER-SOLINGEN

13. This might be of interest:
    http://www.germaniainternational.com/navy3.html