WuFlu - Anti Vaxxers

Will you get the Vaccine?

• Total voters
Where are you talking about? Not England.
Yes, in England. Just a clue I run more than one of them. Entry to a social care facility in a professional capacity has been vaccinated only since November the first, no exceptions unless medically exempt, and the criteria for that are very limited, it’s not people like you deciding your don’t want to wear a mask and claiming exemption.

We haven’t had a non-vaccinated person on site in the main building since November 1st, except resident visitors who have to show clear test results.

In the hospital setting that I also run professional visitors are required to declare vaccine status before coming onto site and have a negative test result or we’ll provide a test. Strangely we’ve had no visitors who’ve had any kind of problem with this. Why do you suppose that would be?

This will also apply to any registered CQC premises from 1st April save for patients and their visitors, so all hospitals, dentists, GP services etc.

Last edited:
It was always on the cards to be binned. Do you think we were expected to wear masks forever?
I expect masks to be worn by individuals for as long as they believe the Virus is out there and that their masks will protect them.

I don't expect people to take them off just because it's no longer the law.

They either wear a mask because believe the Virus is out there and that their masks will protect them - or they wore a mask simply because they were told to.

The former who continue to wear a mask are doing so because they believe the Virus is out there and that their masks will protect them The latter who bin the masks now that it's no longer the law are hypocrites.

When Plan B was implemented:

View attachment 634699

When Plan B was lifted:

View attachment 634700

As I stated - infection rates and deaths are now at a higher level than when we were told to wear them [masks].

I was right the first time.
This was quite clearly nothing to do with mask wearing, and was actually a result of the Cricket Ashes series.

13th December 2021 - 54,661 cases/38 deaths
8th Dec 2021 to 18th January - 5 test matches, 4 lost/1 drawn
26th January - 102292 cases/346 deaths

The correlation is plain for all to see.

Yes, in England. Just a clue I run more than one of them. Entry to a social care facility in a professional capacity has been vaccinated only since November the first, no exceptions unless medically exempt, and the criteria for that are very limited, it’s not people like you deciding your don’t want to wear a mask and claiming exemption.

We haven’t had a non-vaccinated person on site in the main building since November 1st, except resident visitors who have to show clear test results.

This will also apply to any registered CQC premises from 1st April save for patients and their visitors.

I'm referring to a person's own home, not a care home.

Anyone can refuse entry to their house for any reason, but similarly anyone can refuse to disclose their medical status because it's none of their damn business.

When Plan B was implemented:

View attachment 634699

When Plan B was lifted:

View attachment 634700

As I stated - infection rates and deaths are now at a higher level than when we were told to wear them [masks].

I was right the first time.

That shows cases are much higher yesterday than on the 13th - but doesnt mention rates as such its useless in determining risk or current infection rates.

It doesnt even prove cases are increasing - it could be that there were a 130000 cases on the 22nd etc

I'm referring to a person's own home, not a care home.

Anyone can refuse entry to their house for any reason, but similarly anyone can refuse to disclose their medical status because it's none of their damn business.
Re para 2, I’ve not met anyone who does that as they don’t want to lose business. Some offer up their status before being asked.

It’s their choice, whatever.

This was quite clearly nothing to do with mask wearing, and was actually a result of the Cricket Ashes series.

13th December 2021 - 54,661 cases/38 deaths
8th Dec 2021 to 18th January - 5 test matches, 4 lost/1 drawn
26th January - 102292 cases/346 deaths

The correlation is plain for all to see.

Double the cases and 10 times as many deaths now than when we didn't wear masks.

As for the England cricket team - there is no hope and one can only assume most of the deaths have since been 'suicide with Covid".

That's why I ask where will you draw the line - will you allow the unvaccinated into your house?

Genuine question.

It's your house mate, it's your call.
All of my friends and family are intelligent, and care about others - so of course they are vaccinated.

They all wore masks too - even my dad who has emphysema and could be excused. Because he isn’t stupid, wants to have even a modicum of protection and cares about others.

It isn’t that long ago that you wouldn’t have got through the door to start your career without a complete set of vaccinations including Hepatitis B. Requiring staff to be vaccinated isn’t a new thing.
3 Hep B jabs as a baby sets you up for life.

Requiring people to be vaccinated with a low efficacy vaccine every few months however is a new thing.

All of my friends and family are intelligent, and care about others - so of course they are vaccinated.

They all wore masks too - even my dad who has emphysema and could be excused. Because he isn’t stupid, wants to have even a modicum of protection and cares about others.
Ah - the good old condescending "clever people get vaccinated - you must be stupid not to be vaccinated" routine.

Some of the most intelligent people in the World may choose not to be vaccinated.

Vaccination is a personal choice.

I don't think people are stupid or don't care about others just because they for whatever reason do not want to be vaccinated with a vaccine with somewhat very low efficacy against a Virus that has a very low mortality rate and an average age of those dying from it of over 80.

Given that the lowest vaccine uptake is among the Black and Ethnic minorities - you imply these people are 'stupid'?

Requiring people to be vaccinated with a low efficacy vaccine every few months however is a new thing.
Testanus and the triple vaccine all have to be regularly, if not frequently, boosted to retain effectiveness and flu is yearly boosters No one has even suggested Covid booster jabs in the UK more frequently than that at this point. It’s likely to end up as a combined flu/Covid booster given to vulnerable groups in the autumn.

The virus is mutating rapidly.

Same as the influenza vaccine is less effective against that virus when it mutates.

Can you show me the effectiveness of the vaccine against the Alpha strain at this time?

Testanus and the triple vaccine all have to be regularly, if not frequently, boosted to retain effectiveness and flu is yearly boosters No one has even suggested Covid booster jabs in the UK more frequently than that at this point. It’s likely to end up as a combined flu/Covid booster given to vulnerable groups in the autumn.

We shall have to see - France has already declared that anyone who was fully vaccinated more than 7 months ago is now considered to be unvaccinated.

Ah - the good old condescending "clever people get vaccinated - you must be stupid not to be vaccinated" routine.

Some of the most intelligent people in the World may choose not to be vaccinated.

Vaccination is a personal choice.

I don't think people are stupid or don't care about others just because they for whatever reason do not want to be vaccinated with a vaccine with somewhat very low efficacy against a Virus that has a very low mortality rate and an average age of those dying from it of over 80.

Given that the lowest vaccine uptake is among the Black and Ethnic minorities - you imply these people are 'stupid'?
My bold - strawman.

As to the rest - you can think what you want. Your stance as an antivaxxer (you are - you repeat their arguments seemingly endlessly and use their logic, ergo, you are an antivaxxer) is plain and your uncaring attitude is well demonstrated.

My bold - strawman.

As to the rest - you can think what you want. Your stance as an antivaxxer (you are - you repeat their arguments seemingly endlessly and use their logic, ergo, you are an antivaxxer) is plain and your uncaring attitude is well demonstrated.

Yet again you are going down the old " he must be an anti-Vaxxer route" - yet I am fully vaccinated with the booster and I repeatedly encourage everyone to get vaccinated, if they want to.

I am very much pro-Vaxx.

Try again.

And how is that relevant to the UK? France’s Covid restrictions are far harsher than ours, as @Lindermyer ’s posts show well.
You don't think anything that has been tried in other countries won't be implemented here?

Indeed - France's infection rates have been far higher than ours - despite their strict mask wearing policy both indoors and outdoors.

Will 1 'booster' per year be enough for Covid, given we are already on our 3rd in about 9 months? Time will tell.

Latest Threads