Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WuFlu - Anti Vaxxers

Will you get the Vaccine?

• Total voters

WightMivvi

War Hero
That is nasty.
I fully get people who reject vaccination but say "hey my choice - you feel free to do what you want" - but to deliberately spread disinformation ? that is something way out of order and needs stamping on. Heck, if it were tobacco companies, would we think it ok ?
I noticed something similar on various Facebook posts. It’s not enough for them to reject vaccination; they need others to join their crusade, and they’re personally offended if you don’t agree with them.

Feck ‘em.

Yokel

LE
I noticed something similar on various Facebook posts. It’s not enough for them to reject vaccination; they need others to join their crusade, and they’re personally offended if you don’t agree with them.

Feck ‘em.

Agree - I note that a lot of the anti vaxxer types on here and in general seem to share conspiracy theories with those who wish us ill - alas it has always been that way. Heathy people = healthy workforce, able to hold leaders to account, and pull together when needed.

One of the early advocates of vaccination was Sir William Beatty - the surgeon aboard HMS Victory at Trafalgar. Health measures contributed to the effectiveness of our fleet.

Yokel

LE

65,000 aged 65+ have died with it, plus over 7,400 working age people. Many had prior medical conditions, but we don't hold their lives to be valueless because Britain isn't a fascist state.

Yes I will get vaccinated. My main reason for so doing, is that vaccination, as a medical/public health tool, has been demonstrated over many years to be effective in preventing, or containing, the impacts of certain types of diseases on populations.
I will also add that, where I live, I will a) have to pay for it and b) wait a while (here is at the very end of the global logistic chain - slight exaggeration).
I cannot believe that anyone would use such a tool to do anything other than combat a specific disease. If that makes me one of the sheeple, then...

Baa!

Happy 2021 to all.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

happyuk

War Hero
!الموت حتى عام 2020

Death to 2020!

2020’s Top 10 Words & Phrases we never want to hear again:

10. Wearing is caring
9. Following the science
8. Superspreader
7. We’re all in this together
6. Non essential businesses
5. Social distancing
4. Stay home; stay safe
3. It’s worth it to save just one life
2. New normal
1. 15 days to flatten the curve

Honourable mentions:

Fauci
Fact check
Remote learning
Obese nurses dancing on tic tok
Guidelines
Recommendations
“Emergency” Orders
Lockdown
Shutter
"With" Covid
Cuomo
Virtual hugs
"Experts"
Media pundits
Politicians

!الموت حتى عام 2020

Death to 2020!

2020’s Top 10 Words & Phrases we never want to hear again:

10. Wearing is caring
9. Following the science
8. Superspreader
7. We’re all in this together
6. Non essential businesses
5. Social distancing
4. Stay home; stay safe
3. It’s worth it to save just one life
2. New normal
1. 15 days to flatten the curve

Honourable mentions:

Fauci
Fact check
Remote learning
Obese nurses dancing on tic tok
Guidelines
Recommendations
“Emergency” Orders
Lockdown
Shutter
"With" Covid
Cuomo
Virtual hugs
"Experts"
Media pundits
Politicians
You missed out " face nappies " and the " magic vaccine ".

Chimp

ADC
Is mrdude still alive or has he succumbed?

Yokel

LE
Is mrdude still alive or has he succumbed?

His handlers in Moscow/Beijing/Tehran have decided he deserved some time off - COVID-19 is far from the only subject where he spouts anti Western bollocks.

Either that or someone gave him a book on basic statistics, and he suffered brain freeze.

Chef

LE
At least we won't make the same mistakes again.

What with hindsight being 20/20 vision.

My mask and vaccine? Obliged.

Yokel

LE
One of the conditions that increases the risk of a serious COVID-19 infection is pregnancy...

As the pandemic progressed it became clear that Covid was not serious for the vast majority of pregnant women, though the risk was significantly greater than for non-pregnant women, and higher again if you were black or Asian.

BBC story

Given that vaccinations are progressing, I wonder if conspiracy theorist numero uno David Icke will have his when he gets offered it?

Or will he put his money where his mouth is and not have it.

Given that vaccinations are progressing, I wonder if conspiracy theorist numero uno David Icke will have his when he gets offered it?

Or will he put his money where his mouth is and not have it.
Government published figures yesterday give the total number of inoculations in England only (nothing about the devolved regions of Scotland, Wales and NI) as 3,981,445.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Slightly OT: not exactly anti-vaxxer, but a related "Covid isn't a killer, it's the Deep State taking control" trope.

As a postscript to a childhood friendship which ended several years ago (due to his attempted bullying of my wife), I was copied into a Faceache conversation by a mutual friend about Covid earlier this week, where the ex-friend proudly described the way he was refusing to wear a mask as it was an infringement on his freedom (apparently "maskless" is too negative, "mask free" is his preferred descriptor). "They can't force me so I won't wear a mask, aren't I clever" was the central message, with a big dollop of "stupid sheeple doing what they're told" added for good measure.

My sister works in the NHS in the market town where he and his family lives, and I've heard directly from her the pressure that she and her staff are under in the area. After four pleasant years of no communication with him and complete separation of our families, I lost my rag (both my wife and I had Covid in December, not something I'd wish on anyone, even this conspiraloon) and gave him both barrels on how selfish, wilfully stupid and arrogant he was. It was stupid I know, don't poke the troll etc. I was pretty insulting, and it was the wrong thing to do, but I read his pompous post, saw red, let rip and clicked send.

The sneering response justifying his behaviour I got provided me with two things:

1. Absolute certainty I did the right thing four years ago, cutting ties between my family and his (apart from anything else it reduces the likelihood of us all being murdered in our beds by his trainee serial killer son - dead eyed little freak that he is). My daughter has just read this last bit, and laughed like a drain, saying "It's true!".

2, It brought into sharp relief the lengths some people, regardless of their intelligence, will go to in order to make reality fit into their world view. This guy (who I've known for over forty years) has always been intelligent, opinionated and argumentative; quite how the latter two have overwhelmed the first, I'm at a loss, but apparently he's a conspiraloon of the first order now. But how can someone who for all his faults I always thought was honest and rational come to such a point that he'll believe or promote any old sh1t off the internet because it supports his argument? Of course, the internet turbocharges this sort of deliberate self-delusion; one can always find a Professor Hoozit of the University of Google who supports any contentious viewpoint, regardless of the weight of scientific and medical opinion to the contrary. Another factor is the assumed superiority of the conspiraloon - he knows the Real Truth, everyone else just doesn't understand, or they're lying. You need huge reserves of both arrogance and credulity to make yourself believe that.

Happily, my mate informed me of the Block function on Facebook (who knew?), so I'll never have to read anything from the crazy bellend again. The relief is palpable.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Slightly OT: not exactly anti-vaxxer, but a related "Covid isn't a killer, it's the Deep State taking control" trope.

As a postscript to a childhood friendship which ended several years ago (due to his attempted bullying of my wife), I was copied into a Faceache conversation by a mutual friend about Covid earlier this week, where the ex-friend proudly described the way he was refusing to wear a mask as it was an infringement on his freedom (apparently "maskless" is too negative, "mask free" is his preferred descriptor). "They can't force me so I won't wear a mask, aren't I clever" was the central message, with a big dollop of "stupid sheeple doing what they're told" added for good measure.

My sister works in the NHS in the market town where he and his family lives, and I've heard directly from her the pressure that she and her staff are under in the area. After four pleasant years of no communication with him and complete separation of our families, I lost my rag (both my wife and I had Covid in December, not something I'd wish on anyone, even this conspiraloon) and gave him both barrels on how selfish, wilfully stupid and arrogant he was. It was stupid I know, don't poke the troll etc. I was pretty insulting, and it was the wrong thing to do, but I read his pompous post, saw red, let rip and clicked send.

The sneering response justifying his behaviour I got provided me with two things:

1. Absolute certainty I did the right thing four years ago, cutting ties between my family and his (apart from anything else it reduces the likelihood of us all being murdered in our beds by his trainee serial killer son - dead eyed little freak that he is). My daughter has just read this last bit, and laughed like a drain, saying "It's true!".

2, It brought into sharp relief the lengths some people, regardless of their intelligence, will go to in order to make reality fit into their world view. This guy (who I've known for over forty years) has always been intelligent, opinionated and argumentative; quite how the latter two have overwhelmed the first, I'm at a loss, but apparently he's a conspiraloon of the first order now. But how can someone who for all his faults I always thought was honest and rational come to such a point that he'll believe or promote any old sh1t off the internet because it supports his argument? Of course, the internet turbocharges this sort of deliberate self-delusion; one can always find a Professor Hoozit of the University of Google who supports any contentious viewpoint, regardless of the weight of scientific and medical opinion to the contrary. Another factor is the assumed superiority of the conspiraloon - he knows the Real Truth, everyone else just doesn't understand, or they're lying. You need huge reserves of both arrogance and credulity to make yourself believe that.

Happily, my mate informed me of the Block function on Facebook (who knew?), so I'll never have to read anything from the crazy bellend again. The relief is palpable.

long before I binned faceache I had a family member (wifes side of the family, the insanity in my family is more eccentric) on block as she is a conspiraloon of the highest order.
She goes on about sheeple all the time, but then she's a 'starseed'
one of her classics was "the virus can't kill you unless you believe it"