WuFlu - Anti Vaxxers

Will you get the Vaccine?

• Total voters
Masks? The UK government seems to disagree!
I said recommendation, not mandate. The science behind masking is sound but there is little political will to impose further mandates. People are tired of the pandemic and I think everyone is now working on the assumption that this is the final surge, and that things will return to normal by late spring. We will then spend the next ten years arguing about who was right. :)

My bold - the studies say otherwise.

I forgot to reply to this

I suspect theres solid science for both positions being correct

IE The wearing of and putting on of masks correctly, for the duration specified reduces transmission spread in scientific studies Vsthe fact that few people do this correctly which renders the wearing of masks moot.
As ever all to often supporters of either position will only use the science they like avoiding context.

Edit @ABNredleg and @Iqbal Achieve as you 2 are discussing this subject - for my 2penneth

Indeed, it’s the latest anti-vax attack line that just shows complete ignorance.
How about 'Pro Choice' and 'entirely their prerogative'...?
TBH I enjoy reading many of your (& other NHS-types) posts but i'm finding the ol' 'Ficker than us' somewhat tiresome and repetitive; not least because the tide is clearly turning in a direction you're not going to like.

I forgot to reply to this

I suspect theres solid science for both positions being correct

IE The wearing of and putting on of masks correctly, for the duration specified reduces transmission spread in scientific studies Vsthe fact that few people do this correctly which renders the wearing of masks moot.
As ever all to often supporters of either position will only use the science they like avoiding context.

Edit @ABNredleg and @Iqbal Achieve as you 2 are discussing this subject - for my 2penneth
It is likely that there are confounding factors at play in this too - it is pretty much proven that wearing a mask reduces the amount of viruses you will be coughing/sneezing/whatever out as they block the macro sized particles. It isn’t perfect but very effective.

If you have country where mask wearing is a NPI that is in place then there will probably also be other NPI’s - social distancing, etc which will also have an effect. In other words where countries have adopted simple measures to address the pandemic they have been effective.

Where you have a country that is acting like a petulant toddler then, well, less so.

That should be the lesson to some on here - act like a dick and you will increase case rates, injuries and death.

rmn

LE
TBH I enjoy reading many of your (& other NHS-types) posts but i'm finding the ol' 'Ficker than us' somewhat tiresome and repetitive; not least because the tide is clearly turning in a direction you're not going to like.
What is this tide "turning in a direction you're not going to like". If it refers to a reduction in deaths from Covid-19 then great, and that in turn will maybe mean we need fewer restrictions, great. If it mens ignoring scientific evidence and just dropping all guards then it's stupid.

In this instance it just shows a spectacular misunderstanding of the stats. I’m not sure anything is going to change re vaccination of staff. Even putting it back 6mths doesn’t alter the eventual output (in fact it will require TRIPLE vaccination to be compliant) and ‘full’ vaccination is already a requirement for any new hire for all healthcare providers and has been for some months.

That’s not going to change now, it’s just another addition to the list of things we’re required to be vaccinated against.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Indeed, it’s the latest anti-vax attack line that just shows complete ignorance.

The other new one that is rapidly gaining ground is "pro choice".

Which stems from the US and various libertarian groups there.

The breeding ground for democracy means making up your own mind not being dictated to by the state.

Edit. Should have read to end of thread before replying

mrdude

On ROPS
On ROPs
Just remember Pro-vaxxers - the Government and HNS and pharma companies have form for infecting people with dodgy diseases - and then not accepting any responsibly for it. Don't believe me - then read this!

No government, healthcare or pharmaceutical entity in the UK has admitted any liability in the scandal, and no damages or compensation have been paid to those infected or affected, although the government has provided some means-tested benefits to some of the surviving victims through a Trust.

Now in ten years or twenty years time if you are having weird side effects from being coerced into taking an experimental vaccine that has had no long term studies, you will most likely not be compensated as you took that vaccine on your own accord. What's been done, can't be undone - you have a minuscule chance of Covid being a serious disease if you're under 60, healthy with and with no underlying health conditions. On the other hand do you really know what you have been injected with? how those chemicals will affect your body in the future? You decide what's best for you - I and others will decide what's best for us!

Just remember Pro-vaxxers - the Government and HNS and pharma companies have form for infecting people with dodgy diseases - and then not accepting any responsibly for it. Don't believe me - then read this!

Now in ten years or twenty years time if you are having weird side effects from being coerced into taking an experimental vaccine that has had no long term studies, you will most likely not be compensated as you took that vaccine on your own accord. What's been done, can't be undone - you have a minuscule chance of Covid being a serious disease if you're under 60, healthy with and with no underlying health conditions. On the other hand do you really know what you have been injected with? how those chemicals will affect your body? You decide what's best for you - I and others will decide what's best for us!
Just a clue…. That had nothing at all to do with a vaccine.

mrdude

On ROPS
On ROPs
Just a clue…. That had nothing at all to do with a vaccine.
Really, maybe if you had actually read my post you would know that I never said it did. For someone that claims to know when other people are insinuating something - you sure pick and choose when to use that ability!

Now in ten years or twenty years time if you are having weird side effects from being coerced into taking an experimental vaccine that has had no long term studies, you will most likely not be compensated as you took that vaccine on your own accord. What's been done, can't be undone - you have a minuscule chance of Covid being a serious disease if you're under 60, healthy with and with no underlying health conditions. On the other hand do you really know what you have been injected with? how those chemicals will affect your body in the future? You decide what's best for you - I and others will decide what's best for us!
Da comradeski.

Really, maybe if you had actually read my post you would know that I never said it did. For someone that claims to know when other people are insinuating something - you sure pick and choose when to use that ability!

I did read your post and it’s completely irrelevant. So what point are you making? The contaminated blood scandals are 30+ yrs old now and involved precisely no one and no company involved in vaccine development. Because blood treatment products are nothing to do with vaccines. Trying to link the development of these vaccines to that is beyond ridiculous.

M

Forgotten the deliberate obfuscation of "with" and "from" have we?

If you have co morbidities contracting Covid is bad news.

If you haven't and are younger, the risks are tiny

That's my agenda: the right of self determination to get jabbed, not by compulsion thanks to Politicians who have been fed junk projections from "scientists" with their own agenda

And yes I am triple jabbed
And what percentage of the UK population have no comorbidities? Your numbers mean a lot less than you imagine.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer

No government, healthcare or pharmaceutical entity in the UK has admitted any liability in the scandal, and no damages or compensation have been paid to those infected or affected, although the government has provided some means-tested benefits to some of the surviving victims through a Trust.

Moneys are paid.

Compensation has been paid for years

The infected blood inquiry is still ongoing

The Scottish Inquiry started in 2008 and ended 2015

This did point out various failings of government and health health facilities at the time which have been acknowledged.

Can you identify some non-dodgy diseases please?

Your gradually shading into Jack D Ripper territory aren't you.

Not at all - look at the modelling, but don't let the scientists dictate the course of action and do not base all actions on 'worst case' modelling.
By 'worst case' modelling do you mean a model that produces a worst case outcome (high numbers of deaths and so on) or a model that is set up with worst case inputs (ineffective protective measures for example).

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
By 'worst case' modelling do you mean a model that produces a worst case outcome (high numbers of deaths and so on) or a model that is set up with worst case inputs (ineffective protective measures for example).

That's the difficulty with the modelling.

The models suggest that if nothing is done then it will lead to outcome A.

Plans and mitigation are put in place which means we then end up with outcome B.

People then complain because outcome A, as suggested by the modelling if nothing was done, does not occur and say that the modelling must have been wrong.

Latest Threads