Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WuFlu - Anti Vaxxers

Will you get the Vaccine?

• Total voters

The editor of the UK Defence Journal works for the NHS (IT/Cyber security I think) so the effects of COVID-19 has had an impact on him, and the UKDJ website and their blog have frequently covered COVID-19 related issues.

You do have to wonder why there is so much disinformation? How do the likes of Putin and Xi benefit from it?
That map reminds me of the modelling scene in "Outbreak".

Do you have any points to make or is your whole shtick now "wow guys 2020 eh?". You wandered in here dribbling about how you weren't having the vaccine. Has that changed? What do you want?
OK. Gripes about the lockdown measures should not have gone into a vaccination thread but many of the posts are off topic . Whatever is said on here, anyone worried about Coronavirus will gladly take the vaccine. Good luck pushing it in the hotspots of Luton, Bradford and Birmingham though. You won't see much social distancing there either.

For those of us who have actually been taking any notice of the restrictions, it is like living in a police state, being told when you can work and where you can go. To add insult to injury, these measures need to be paid for . I am self employed so if I got any reaction from a booster vaccine I would be in trouble . The daughter has had to move back in because she lost her job- Our local pub gave up forever at the second lockdown which is lucky because with the amount I'm now taking, i can only afford to drink at home.

Ths disease had better be as deadly as you all say because the remedy has been extreme and the govt are nowhere near finished with their special measures

Wow guys 2021 eh?

Merry Christmas

OK. Gripes about the lockdown measures should not have gone into a vaccination thread but many of the posts are off topic . Whatever is said on here, anyone worried about Coronavirus will gladly take the vaccine. Good luck pushing it in the hotspots of Luton, Bradford and Birmingham though. You won't see much social distancing there either.

For those of us who have actually been taking any notice of the restrictions, it is like living in a police state, being told when you can work and where you can go. To add insult to injury, these measures need to be paid for . I am self employed so if I got any reaction from a booster vaccine I would be in trouble . The daughter has had to move back in because she lost her job- Our local pub gave up forever at the second lockdown which is lucky because with the amount I'm now taking, i can only afford to drink at home.

Ths disease had better be as deadly as you all say because the remedy has been extreme and the govt are nowhere near finished with their special measures

Wow guys 2021 eh?

Merry Christmas
Suck it up buttercup.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Wow guys 2021 eh?

Merry Christmas
Deflection is unbecoming, even for a cnut like you.

For those of us who have actually been taking any notice of the restrictions, it is like living in a police state
Ever lived in a police state? Didn't think so.

The police aren't kicking in your door at 2am, there aren't black Ford Falcons cruising around to drag unbelievers off the Naval Technical College for an appointment with 240v, no-one's dropping anti-vaccine activists into the sea or unmarked graves, your neighbours aren't getting paid to inform on your behaviour, you don't have a "file" at local CID rapidly filling with the details of your phone calls or search history, and you don't need heavyweight VPNs to wander over to the care-in-the-community echo chambers where the swivel-eyed whip each other into a frenzy.

Yes, it's sh!t. Yes, people are suffering, and some of the restrictions have been badly-timed, badly-announced, or badly thought through. But there's a long way to go to "police state", and claiming it just makes you look like a selfish muppet.

Yokel

LE
Ever lived in a police state? Didn't think so.

The police aren't kicking in your door at 2am, there aren't black Ford Falcons cruising around to drag unbelievers off the Naval Technical College for an appointment with 240v, no-one's dropping anti-vaccine activists into the sea or unmarked graves, your neighbours aren't getting paid to inform on your behaviour, you don't have a "file" at local CID rapidly filling with the details of your phone calls or search history, and you don't need heavyweight VPNs to wander over to the care-in-the-community echo chambers where the swivel-eyed whip each other into a frenzy.

Yes, it's sh!t. Yes, people are suffering, and some of the restrictions have been badly-timed, badly-announced, or badly thought through. But there's a long way to go to "police state", and claiming it just makes you look like a selfish muppet.

The ones who had difficulty getting a handle on a pandemic and how series it is, with real risks to life and long term health, cannot get a handle on how measures like masks and vaccinations will reduce transmission. The same people seem to lack a sense of proportionality with respect to the 'lockdown' measures. Some of them have forwarded totally illogical arguments.

Logical thinking and weighing up quantities and risks uses the same area of the brain.

Wow guys 2021 eh?

Merry Christmas

Annual deaths from influenza average out, apparently at 17,000 per year, with it in some years being less than 2,000.

At the moment, deaths attributed to Covid 19 are over 60k.

And that is with the populace supposedly following government guidelines to a greater or lesser extent.

And I agree with the other comments on this, calling the government’s restrictions and guidance being akin to police state measures is a misuse of the term.

Last edited:
Oh, FFS.

'Anti-vaxxers believe the coronavirus pandemic presents them with a historic opportunity for widening vaccine distrust, a new report has warned.

'The Centre for Countering Digital Hate’s (CCDH) report is based on evidence it gathered at a private conference, which was attended by some of the world’s leading vaccine sceptics.

'At this event, anti-vaxxers suggested they could reach wider audiences than ever before and could sow long-lasting distrust against the need for vaccinations.

'The group also discussed the three-pronged master narrative they wished to spread, according to the CCDH. This involves the baseless claims that the coronavirus is not dangerous but that vaccines are, as well as the suggestion that experts cannot be trusted.'

Yokel

LE
Well, that's a whole bag of stupid!

A load of useful idiots happy to be exploited by and collude with the propaganda and disinformation efforts of Moscow and Beijing.

Do these throbbers also work in the developing World? Vaccination programmes have saved millions of lives in the poorer parts of the World where many diseases are endemic.

3ToedSloth

War Hero
A load of useful idiots happy to be exploited by and collude with the propaganda and disinformation efforts of Moscow and Beijing.

Do these throbbers also work in the developing World? Vaccination programmes have saved millions of lives in the poorer parts of the World where many diseases are endemic.
The average westerner takes modern medicine for granted. Just think of all those simple illnesses that can now be treated easily and we don't need to ever worry about.

My last trip to Africa was Ethiopia - you see relatively young people with milky white cataract eyes, TB deaths aren't rare, various unpleasant parasites are common, infant mortality is half the rate it was 10 years ago due to medical improvements although it's still more than 10 times what it is here. The people there are grateful for medical intervention if they can get it. I wonder what they'd make of our anti-vaxxers.

Chef

LE
The average westerner takes modern medicine for granted. Just think of all those simple illnesses that can now be treated easily and we don't need to ever worry about.

My last trip to Africa was Ethiopia - you see relatively young people with milky white cataract eyes, TB deaths aren't rare, various unpleasant parasites are common, infant mortality is half the rate it was 10 years ago due to medical improvements although it's still more than 10 times what it is here. The people there are grateful for medical intervention if they can get it. I wonder what they'd make of our anti-vaxxers.
According to some woke commentators the science is too white and colonialist to be proper medicine. So they'd probably ignore it. As instructed to by their inoculated, western dressed and fed brothers (and sisters, obviously) in arms.

Let's face it the TV is full of people telling me that simple concepts like piping water from source to village is beyond them without European aid.

So vaccines? Meh.

It all depends, Zemlyak.

For the majority of healthy people who don't have any underlying symptoms, it might not even be as bad as the flu.

It certainly wasn't for my family and myself. We were fine; just a bit lethargic/shitty. Wor Lass still trained in our home gym and she was hit the hardest out of the three of us.

But for the elderly or the immunocompromised, it could be a real bugger.

Oh, FFS.

'Anti-vaxxers believe the coronavirus pandemic presents them with a historic opportunity for widening vaccine distrust, a new report has warned.

'The Centre for Countering Digital Hate’s (CCDH) report is based on evidence it gathered at a private conference, which was attended by some of the world’s leading vaccine sceptics.

'At this event, anti-vaxxers suggested they could reach wider audiences than ever before and could sow long-lasting distrust against the need for vaccinations.

'The group also discussed the three-pronged master narrative they wished to spread, according to the CCDH. This involves the baseless claims that the coronavirus is not dangerous but that vaccines are, as well as the suggestion that experts cannot be trusted.'

That is nasty.
I fully get people who reject vaccination but say "hey my choice - you feel free to do what you want" - but to deliberately spread disinformation ? that is something way out of order and needs stamping on. Heck, if it were tobacco companies, would we think it ok ?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
...and now he’s desperately looking for another bandwagon to jump on so that he can continue to be venerated by morons.

Despite your lot holding almost every card, Farage and his tribe turned your aspirations to ashes.

They may well be morons but history will rightly record that they were still smarter than you and yours and repeatedly handed your desperate rabble its collective arrse in multiple elections to the extent that much of your previous parliamentary support is now the subject of 'Where are they now?' articles.

It all depends, Zemlyak.

For the majority of healthy people who don't have any underlying symptoms, it might not even be as bad as the flu.

It certainly wasn't for my family and myself. We were fine; just a bit lethargic/shitty. Wor Lass still trained in our home gym and she was hit the hardest out of the three of us.

But for the elderly or the immunocompromised, it could be a real bugger.

Indeed for many who are in reasonable health, then probably no effect or if there is something you can get over.

At the moment though, pending vaccine availability the figures show more die from it or have long term health issues .

And it’s not like flu, it’s like pneumonia.

Glad you and your family are OK.

Latest Threads