Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WuFlu - Anti Vaxxers

Will you get the Vaccine?

• Total voters

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Guess which one decided not to get the smallpox vaccine
C08C6F1A-EFD4-4C16-B5FA-4E4F986CDFAC.jpeg

What’s more, this is ARRSE. If you can’t stand being called a cnut by some other cnut, **** off over there to Mumsnet——->

Thanks Bob but the abuse that gets hurled around on Mumsnet is worse than on here. They get all fired up about school catchment areas and the merits of various extracurricular activities .

Smoking is a difficult one in that the effects on health are well known but like all the best habits, it is harder to stop than it was to start. I know that the local hospital here tried to ban it on the reasonable grounds that fags and piped oxygen mix all too well - but they had to give up after the first few fires in storage cupboards. They now have open sided shelters where you can see patients in hospital gowns with IVs, smoking at all hours.

This whole debate relates to how government balances the freedom to make personal lifestyle choices with individual responsiblity for the effects of those actions. All smokers know that cigarettes cause cancer and cardiovascular problems- it even draws them a picture on the packet in case they can't read - but should these people then be banned from accessing medical treatment for smoking related conditions ?

The same question applies to booze and fatty food since you won't find anyone who really thinks that a mars bar is healthier than an apple. Should obese patients be able to access finite healthcare resources for what could are arguably self inflicted injuries?

I don't know the right answer but if Pfizer can develop an apple that tastes like lard, we can all get behind that.

Thanks Bob but the abuse that gets hurled around on Mumsnet is worse than on here. They get all fired up about school catchment areas and the merits of various extracurricular activities .

Smoking is a difficult one in that the effects on health are well known but like all the best habits, it is harder to stop than it was to start. I know that the local hospital here tried to ban it on the reasonable grounds that fags and piped oxygen mix all too well - but they had to give up after the first few fires in storage cupboards. They now have open sided shelters where you can see patients in hospital gowns with IVs, smoking at all hours.

This whole debate relates to how government balances the freedom to make personal lifestyle choices with individual responsiblity for the effects of those actions. All smokers know that cigarettes cause cancer and cardiovascular problems- it even draws them a picture on the packet in case they can't read - but should these people then be banned from accessing medical treatment for smoking related conditions ?

The same question applies to booze and fatty food since you won't find anyone who really thinks that a mars bar is healthier than an apple. Should obese patients be able to access finite healthcare resources for what could are arguably self inflicted injuries?

I don't know the right answer but if Pfizer can develop an apple that tastes like lard, we can all get behind that.
Still not quite certain whose sock but no doubt one of the SPOTY contenders (a big field this year).

Testing is a strange one, despite all the rhetoric about health care professionals being tested, I have yet to be tested although have been seeing patients through out including many domiciliaries to care homes and hospitals.
I have repeatedly queried this but been assured that we are not a staff group who requires testing.

I suspect that there is a number of assumptions here.

Those complying the lists of those to be tested are not aware of the fact we visit care homes.

The care homes think we are being regularly tested.
The test involves swabbing a tonsil, then a nostril. For my first, a colleague tried to swab my lungs first, then my brain; at least, that's how it felt!
After the nasal swab, she held up the tube into which the swab went (only one, so choose the order carefully, and pray that a swab from one's posterior will never be called for) saying
"Oh look; the liquid's gone pink!".
"Yeah, I dow. By node's bleeding" I gratefully replied, holding said protruberance.

Edited to bypass censored medical term

Last edited:

Yokel

LE

The editor of the UK Defence Journal works for the NHS (IT/Cyber security I think) so the effects of COVID-19 has had an impact on him, and the UKDJ website and their blog have frequently covered COVID-19 related issues.

You do have to wonder why there is so much disinformation? How do the likes of Putin and Xi benefit from it?

Last edited:
No

Yes

This is really not that hard, but importantly also has absolutely nothing to do with the SARS-COV-2 vaccine.
Thanks Nick. The tenuous link relates to how far government will take their responsibility for public health. We already have a system in which movement between CoV lockdown tiers and family groups is restricted and where failure to comply with the ppe requirements attracts a significant fine.

The government are promoting vaccine uptake but there is resistance amongst elements of the general population so an element of compulsion may follow. The travel restrictions in the absence of a vaccine certificate that you mention are one example. With finite healthcare resources, the drinkers and smokers may also find ourselves justifying these pastimes sooner than we would like.

Thanks Nick. The tenuous link relates to how far government will take their responsibility for public health. We already have a system in which movement between CoV lockdown tiers and family groups is restricted and where failure to comply with the ppe requirements attracts a significant fine.

The government are promoting vaccine uptake but there is resistance amongst elements of the general population so an element of compulsion may follow. The travel restrictions in the absence of a vaccine certificate that you mention are one example. With finite healthcare resources, the drinkers and smokers may also find ourselves justifying these pastimes sooner than we would like.

And...?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

There are no certificates issued for those vaccinated.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

That is a cracking piece of tenuous extrapolation, which has nothing to do with reality unsurprisingly. Maybe next time mention lizards or illuminati for that fully leaded conspiraloon flavour.

Chef

LE
There are no certificates issued for those vaccinated.
Maybe not but I can see a lot of businesses wanting some proof of vaccination in the future, hospitality, travel and stadiums come to mind.

More as a reassurance to their customers than any actual health benefits.

Which would make business sense. A bit like the proof of age cards for buying alcohol that can be used in lieu of drivers licence or passport etc.

That is a cracking piece of tenuous extrapolation, which has nothing to do with reality unsurprisingly. Maybe next time mention lizards or illuminati for that fully leaded conspiraloon flavour.
Thanks - The really mad part is that the first two thirds of it are our current reality. Imagine being told that this time last year. Some lizard men would be a welcome distraction .

Thanks - The really mad part is that the first two thirds of it are our current reality. Imagine being told that this time last year. Some lizard men would be a welcome distraction .

Do you have any points to make or is your whole shtick now "wow guys 2020 eh?". You wandered in here dribbling about how you weren't having the vaccine. Has that changed? What do you want?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

one should also blame one, or more, of the following;

the New World Order
Freemasons
Thatcher
5G
The Jews
Big Pharma
Brexit

Yokel

LE
I think the solution to anti vaxxers is to wait for a one dose vaccine, and then to recruit grab and stab parties to catch them and jab them.

Perhaps we need to recruit vets who are used to giving injections to uncooperative patients?

Do you have any points to make or is your whole shtick now "wow guys 2020 eh?". You wandered in here dribbling about how you weren't having the vaccine. Has that changed? What do you want?

An ice cream, a balloon, and some crayons?
A card marked 'special needs'?
Special citizen uniform?

I think the solution to anti vaxxers is to wait for a one dose vaccine, and then to recruit grab and stab parties to catch them and jab them.

Perhaps we need to recruit vets who are used to giving injections to uncooperative patients?
Can we use SMLE sword bayonets please? Oh go on - you know it's the right thing to do.

Yokel

LE
Can we use SMLE sword bayonets please? Oh go on - you know it's the right thing to do.

I think I understand your thinking. They are afraid of the vaccination because they don't like it up 'em.

My old father thinks that you need a Lee Enfield with fixed bayonet to deal with hostile crowds. Mind you, he also thinks the doctors should have the power to do things for your own good, even without consent.

I dare say that epidemiologists had an inkling watching the news this time last year.

Latest Threads