WuFlu - Anti Vaxxers

Will you get the Vaccine?

• Total voters
Actually your flat out wrong, as most people are on this thread...... Somebody just rang five minutes ago to arrange an appointment next week at another surgery in concord and the third dose will be done in that surgery on that date. The PCT across the road next to the galleries baths will be thankfully avoided.

As for Science its not about facts, its about empirical evidence. Often science is forever investigating and exploring that evidence, to glean something useful and keep challenging its conclusions. The problem with covid is its all become about 'conclusions being cast as the absolute fact' and the facts that don't fit the narrative, have being driven from the media and into the conspiracy realm and that makes it easy doesn't it to simply ignore it.
Which surgery? I know the vaccine setup there…..

You’re googling frantically aren’t you because you’ve been caught out?

Well that's basically down to the NHS being run like a bag of crap with rubbish managers. Covid hospitals were build exactly for this reason, had hardly any patients and were then shut down again. NHS has had years to plan plan for these type of events - but never, or were that pathetic they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Or maybe the nurses are just too busy practicing their dance moves for their new TikTok video.
My wife is a nurse at the local RVI and covid positives have decimated staffing and because the word is covid and the daily hate is targeted at anti-vaxxers, its just easier to blame the unvaxxed for everything.

My wife is currently in A&E with a suspected bleed on the brain. The department is in chaos despite the efforts of the staff.
The problem is the volume of Covid 19 cases, mainly unvaccinated.
The decision not to be part of our successful and common effort to beat this novel disease is selfish and wrong.
Best wishes @Niamac . Let Mrs N know we are thinking of her.

Well that's basically down to the NHS being run like a bag of crap with rubbish managers. Covid hospitals were build exactly for this reason, had hardly any patients and were then shut down again. NHS has had years to plan for these type of events - but never, or were that pathetic they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

No wonder you pissdrinking ratlickers are so angry at normal people.

As for Science its not about facts, its about empirical evidence.
Sometimes, sometimes not. As well as analysis, scientists undertake a synthetic approach where a hypothesis is adopted and then tested. The testing is about trying to break the hypothesis, and clarity of the results is essential, hence there is no room for nuance in describing either the hypothesis or the results.

*Often science is forever investigating and exploring that evidence, to glean something useful and keep challenging its conclusions.
Exactly
The problem with covid is its all become about 'conclusions being cast as the absolute fact'
No, that is not true. It may be portrayed that way in the media, and clowns like you jump on this when conclusions change as new evidence emergence. Anyway, nuance still plays no role in this - clarity and accuracy are essential.
and the facts that don't fit the narrative,
Ah! "narrative". Now we're getting to the nub of your argument, which is that scientists have a "narrative". They don't. If they are pushing a narrative they have strayed into politics, and there are many examples of those in the videos posted by anti-vaxx brigade.
By it's definition, as you clearly outlined above (*), proper science doesn't have a narrative, it has a continuum of discovery.

have being driven from the media and into the conspiracy realm and that makes it easy doesn't it to simply ignore it.
Yes and no. Those who stray from science to a "narrative" and post conspiracy theories in videos should be easy to ignore, for obvious reasons, but time and time again people fall for their nonsense and they do immense harm.

Iqbal Achieve

Old-Salt
No ‘we’ don’t. I’ve never heard one person on the UK say or refer to the ‘GP’ when referring to getting a booster jab, as we know that’s not how it works either. Equally you don’t get a jab at a primary care walk in centre so you’re googling has let you down again. Nobody rings you back when arranging an appointment for a booster, that’s not how it works and they aren’t arranged locally at the vaccination site level or by your GP. So you can’t have rung your GP for an appointment.

There’s no such thing as a ‘PCT’ either, it used to mean Primary Care Trust, it has never stood for anything related to vaccines and it’s ‘Nightingale’ centre, no ‘s’. There’s another reason why you can’t now have a jab at the Nightingale in Sunderland as well…. It won’t even have been offered to you as an option by any official channel.

You’re bullshitting and not very well

‘We’, ie those of us in the UK, which you aren’t, all know how you sort it, it’s been widely advertised and it has nothing whatever to do with your local GP surgery.

Your sentence constructs are also showing you as not being a native English speaker again.
He is from the NE tbf (I speak from experience):D

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
My wife is currently in A&E with a suspected bleed on the brain. The department is in chaos despite the efforts of the staff.
The decision not to be part of our successful and common effort to beat this novel disease is selfish and wrong.
Best of luck to both of you.

All the best to your good lady

I turned fifty and can read. I've being trying to get through to walk in centre(next door to my GPs at the Galleries) for a third jab and they're will ring me back today.

But my positive view of anti-vaxxers is simply a libertarian argument, that they're are free to act as they're please and if they're are under 50, then they're can afford to gamble. As for the anti-anti vaxxers, I support your arguments up to a point. But you surely won't deny that on the fringes of your side is an increasing rhetoric that is deeply unpleasant.

My psychology degree tells me that many of the middle classes are happy to tolerate high crime levels because they're are generally unaffected by it and can afford the luxury of mercy. But covid is an unseen threat which can impact them and anyone unclean should be rounded up and the poor and probably deplorable are a dirty people ??
So just to be clear on this, you personally have had both jabs and are in the process of arranging for your booster, and that after reviewing all the evidence you felt this was the best course of action with respect to protecting your health.

So just to be clear on this, you personally have had both jabs and are in the process of arranging for your booster, and that after reviewing all the evidence you felt this was the best course of action with respect to protecting your health.
This is likely to be bollocks and straight out of the current anti-vax playbook. Claim to be reasonable and that you’re not against the vaccinations per se, just against compulsory ones even though no one has even seriously suggested that in the UK other than sensibly for healthcare workers.

I’d also point out that his claim to be double vaccinated alongside his error strewn description of how he’s getting the booster in some frantically googled town that he’s never been to is a) confused and b) totally out of line with some of his previous comments.

Last edited:
Refuse to vaccinate.

Concentration Camps for you.
You're nothing but a menace to society as a whole, a drain on hospital resources .
Now who sounds like an unhinged lunatic?

These vaccines passports are going to be scrapped soon, so are all the lockdowns and crap - the government is now on the ropes and needs to do something to get some of their voters back that they have lost or they will face a hard time at elections.

As covid has muted now so much that it's now much just like a faggoty flu, there's not much need for rules anymore, especially since they have been getting broken since day 1, not just by BLM protestors and statue smashers, but by most of the politicians and government officials themselves.
As for the NHS - every single winter I can remember, they whine about being overwhelmed, this is nothing new.

As for your concentration camps pish - why don't you just get private medical care instead of you or your family being a drain on the taxpayer funded NHS? People that are taxpayers have paid for the NHS, so they are entitled to use what they have paid for - if you think they are a drain, petition to scrap the entire NHS and privatise it (but first sell all the buildings, equipment that belongs to the taxpayer), then you can pay an extra premium if you are Fat/smoker/drinker/junkie or don't exercise or already have some underlying health condition instead of expecting other taxpayers to pay for you and your unhealthy life choices.

Last edited:

Latest Threads