Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WuFlu - Anti Vaxxers

Will you get the Vaccine?

• Total voters

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
And the Russians have already started their vaccinations. Is that because they are pretty damn amazing or because they've rushed it?
Who knows. The Russians have a history of being pretty impressive when they have to be.

I’m reminded of that possible urban myth about the US space pen - loads of money and research to create a pen that could pump ink in zero gravity.

The Russians? They used a pencil...

I suspect the Russian vaccine works quite well. They also probably stole some of the research from us, but then added their own bit.

Personally, I’ll stick with the “Western” vaccines.

anglo

LE
Who knows. The Russians have a history of being pretty impressive when they have to be.

I’m reminded of that possible urban myth about the US space pen - loads of money and research to create a pen that could pump ink in zero gravity.

I suspect the Russian vaccine works quite well. They also probably stole some of the research from us, but then added their own bit.

Could be all that experience with chemical weapons:rolleyes:

I seem to remember a little thing called .. oh what was it .... on the tip of my tongue ... ah yes, The Industrial Revolution. :)

Delete "Space Pen" insert "Rocket" and you are closer to the truth.

Do you mean the Fisher Space pen that was developed as a private venture and sold to NASA as well as the general public by a company that still exists as a profit-making entity fifty years later?

The Russians? They bought the space pen for their missions two years after the US did...

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
Do you mean the Fisher Space pen that was developed as a private venture and sold to NASA as well as the general public by a company that still exists as a profit-making entity fifty years later?

The Russians? They bought the space pen for their missions two years after the US did...
As I said, a possible urban myth.

(I was given a Fisher Space pen as a kid by a US relative so have always kept an interest in it.)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As I said, a possible urban myth.

(I was given a Fisher Space pen as a kid by a US relative so have always kept an interest in it.)

Urban myth.

Apparently last thing you want floating inside a space capsule are all the graphite flakes associated with a pencil.

Especially given that they conduct electricity.

For those convinced that this is a Bill Gates/5g dastardly plan to put control and tracking implants into us. How come they’re starting to pump it into those seriously aged, infirm and barely able to look after themselves.

But that's exactly what they would do isn't it? Allay people's fears, give it to the elderly first, but everyone gets it eventually.

Follow the money...

Bob65

War Hero
I like your idea - extended to travel as well. No vaccine? No seat on the plane. In either direction. OR full 14 day quarantine will need applied - in custody if necessary*.

You need to do the 14 day quarantine even if you’ve had the vaccine, I posted the article earlier.

You need to do the 14 day quarantine even if you’ve had the vaccine, I posted the article earlier.
I expect the 14-day quarantine will be lifted as soon as is practical - for those who have had the vaccination.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
But that's exactly what they would do isn't it? Allay people's fears, give it to the elderly first, but everyone gets it eventually.

Follow the money...
it’s a win win. If it goes wrong the government save a bundle on medical, social care, pensions....and makes room for the next lot of sufferers farmed out from hospitals.
If it’s a success, they're heroes.
But here’s something someone else made earlier.
18416172-1AE1-45BA-AFB2-EBBC68544038.jpeg

Urban myth.

Apparently last thing you want floating inside a space capsule are all the graphite flakes associated with a pencil.

Especially given that they conduct electricity.

I used to believe that the Russians used pencils. But it’s quite obvious when explained that it’s a bad idea.

Who would would want bits of pencil lead floating around a confined space capsule.

They also would have needed a space pencil sharpener to hoover up the shavings and prevent bits of wood floating around after every sharpening.

It's a dry cough that wont ******* stop, then after a couple of months you can get mucus in your throat that makes you think you are going to choke and cark it during the night (every night)

It's like 2 days of screaching shits, where you can't get to the bog in time ,even though you are three feet away from it

Strangely you may only be feverish for about 24 hours

It's two weeks of fecking dreadfull headaches, followed by about seven months of continuous mild headaches

It's aching in the elbow and wrist joints , and the feet , wondering how you could have got gout so suddenly as all your toes and feet and ankle joints ache , but that only lasts badly for about a week , but continues for months

It's waking at three every morning with with screaming pain in your finger joints , and continual pins and needles in your hands and finger tips

so add all those things together, ....now imaging you get them 2000 miles away from home , and you're in a motorhome and you have to drive home when the main symptoms ease off a bit after a couple of weeks

It may just have been covid or bad flu, but I am in for my vaccine whenever and wherever they will give me it

Blimey. Sounds like whatever you had was dire. Me and you in the queue then.

Yup.

Unfortunately everyone in charge has gone with the "Look at my lovely assistant's magnificent bosom while I slip this white rabbit into my top hat" angle. They drug companies don't care. They're going to make billions while being indemnified by desperate governments against being sued if things go pear shaped.

OK,so you have some concerns. Your choice is not o take it then if that is your view.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Total number of subjects in the pfizer trials.
43,500 across 6 countries.

Asking questions does not make one anti vax

It kind of does, "just asking questions" is a well known tactic by conspiracy theorists because it's many times easier to puke out half baked ideas than to demonstrate why they're wrong

Who cares? It's just a bit of flu.

Totally wrong.

EjRRIX-UcAEajRH.jpeg

Sorry, I'm simply not buying that a vaccine can have been fully tested in less than a year no matter how many times people tell me it has. And my doubts are reinforced by the fact that a lot of testing has been skipped. "Fully tested" and "No Data Available" are contradictory statements.
Anywhere from 10 to 15 years.

Work was started on this type of vaccine after the SARS outbreak in 2003. mRNA vaccines have been in development since the 1990s.

On top of that I agree with what others have said, the trials have recruited way more patients in a shorter time, which accelerates the process.

You just don't understand what you are reading and should listen to people who do.

Cancer UK were saying that Covid had put their research back 2 years.
Many projects may have to be restarted.
They anticipate a lack of trial subjects as many potential volunteers applied to Covid.
Lack of funding
Closure of labs

I think this is probably overstating the delay, my research has been impacted by about 3 months.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The FDA trials in USA included a minimum of 2 months follow up after 2nd dose.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
received_972369783255352.jpeg
received_668020080532577.jpeg

Latest Threads