Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WuFlu - Anti Vaxxers

Will you get the Vaccine?

• Total voters

GDog

Old-Salt
If they have 'Long Covid' it's too late for them to take a vaccine
FWIW my own infection had unpleasant effects that dragged on for about two months after the cough subsided, although it coincided with a period of high stress and below average nutrition.

Post viral fatigue isn't new.

If they have 'Long Covid' it's too late for them to take a vaccine
Not a lot is understood about Long COVID, however it seems to be linked to CFS, which itself may be exacerbated by anxiety (These folks are Jewish), so the latter symptoms could be through COVID or CFS. No one is sure how long immunity will last (if at all) post COVID, so on balance a vaccine may provide future protection even as a placebo.

edit: what you said ^

happyuk

War Hero
As the venerable Piers Corbyn asserts: vaccines are not like the old 'Bovine' attenuated virus vaccines, which the Smallpox vaccine originally was (well, Cowpox in fact, which transfers immune response to Smallpox) - they are cocktails of substances that have various objectives, infertility might be one of these, but also DNA/RNA engineering, some kind of adjustment to the human genome; they certainly are not simple vaccines any longer!

Vaccines have become yet another of those sugar-coated, deceptive, careful-use-of-language things. They should correctly be called injections.

As the venerable Piers Corbyn asserts: vaccines are not like the old 'Bovine' attenuated virus vaccines, which the Smallpox vaccine originally was (well, Cowpox in fact, which transfers immune response to Smallpox) - they are cocktails of substances that have various objectives, infertility might be one of these, but also DNA/RNA engineering, some kind of adjustment to the human genome; they certainly are not simple vaccines any longer!

Vaccines have become yet another of those sugar-coated, deceptive, careful-use-of-language things. They should correctly be called injections.
I think your tinfoil’s a bit tight there.

Bugger! I'm having one of those after I eat my supper (baba ghanouzh and flatbread).
Should I abstain, then, and settle for hyperglycaemia instead?

3ToedSloth

War Hero

You lost me at "the venerable Piers Corbyn"

GDog

Old-Salt

Bluntly, this is nuts.

There are good reasons to have healthy scepticism of these new vaccines but they involve incompetence and unintended consequences, not a concerted plan for mass sterilisation. Our leaders are so useless they can't decide if a Scotch Egg is a "substantial meal" FFS, keeping a mass sterilisation program secret is not something they'd be able to manage.

No, the new vaccines aren't simple, but much of modern medicine isn't simple - but it often works and keeps people alive. Any attempt at "DNA Engineering" would likely cause cancer, but the vaccines seek only to expose the body to a sample of RNA, not reprogram human DNA.

Not all vaccines are injections, some are delivered via nasal aerosols, so that's inaccurate as well.

I have objections around the use of law or coercion to make people take a drug or vaccine. I also have concerns that the new drugs may not be as safe or effective as the drug companies and government want us to believe. This distrust is the result of both the pharmaceutical industry and government having a long track record of lying and misrepresentation.

In that context I will defend my right not to be coerced or compelled to take a vaccine with vigour.

Equally I realise this disease is a real threat to a big chunk of the population and if they would rather take their chances with a rushed vaccine over the disease itself that's entirely understandable.

I hope the Government will allow us to decide for ourselves what is right. I'm not going to hold my breath given the shit show they've delivered so far this year.

I'm glad you agree; his record is there; we've left the EU and Farage was the main driver.

I'll look forward to his knighthood and all the salty tears to follow.
...and now he’s desperately looking for another bandwagon to jump on so that he can continue to be venerated by morons.

GDog

Old-Salt
...and now he’s desperately looking for another bandwagon to jump on so that he can continue to be venerated by morons.
After watching the Conservative party tell me I can only drink a beer with a Scotch Egg and the Labour party tell me I can't buy clothes in a Welsh supermarket, I suspect it's going to be a pretty ******* big bandwagon.

After watching the Conservative party tell me I can only drink a beer with a Scotch Egg and the Labour party tell me I can't buy clothes in a Welsh supermarket, I suspect it's going to be a pretty ******* big bandwagon.

It was only potatoes and turnips for the Welsh. Essential items only. No clothes, no toys, but you could buy makeup.

The Welsh gov thought that makeup was obviously an essential item.

Having lived with a valley's lass for the past 18 years, I think that was a good decision.

WightMivvi

Old-Salt
The problem with conspiracy theories are that they would need the support and effort of those in the establishment to succeed.

That would mean people like me, a civil servant for 30+ years.

I can honestly say I’m not intelligent or organised enough to make conspiracies work.

And I was one of the good ones. ;)

What could possibly go wrong with the vaccine.
Just look at Thalomid which was rolled out on the quick.

Except thalidomide wasn’t tested - it never got used on pregnant women in the US because the CDC didn’t trust it.

To compare that against vaccines which are tested more rigorously than any other pharmaceutical is ridiculous and just shows ignorance of the vaccine testing schedule.

Oh and thalidomide is still used today - they even suggested it as a therapeutic for covid...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluntly, this is nuts.

There are good reasons to have healthy scepticism of these new vaccines but they involve incompetence and unintended consequences, not a concerted plan for mass sterilisation. Our leaders are so useless they can't decide if a Scotch Egg is a "substantial meal" FFS, keeping a mass sterilisation program secret is not something they'd be able to manage.

No, the new vaccines aren't simple, but much of modern medicine isn't simple - but it often works and keeps people alive. Any attempt at "DNA Engineering" would likely cause cancer, but the vaccines seek only to expose the body to a sample of RNA, not reprogram human DNA.

Not all vaccines are injections, some are delivered via nasal aerosols, so that's inaccurate as well.

I have objections around the use of law or coercion to make people take a drug or vaccine. I also have concerns that the new drugs may not be as safe or effective as the drug companies and government want us to believe. This distrust is the result of both the pharmaceutical industry and government having a long track record of lying and misrepresentation.

In that context I will defend my right not to be coerced or compelled to take a vaccine with vigour.

Equally I realise this disease is a real threat to a big chunk of the population and if they would rather take their chances with a rushed vaccine over the disease itself that's entirely understandable.

I hope the Government will allow us to decide for ourselves what is right. I'm not going to hold my breath given the shit show they've delivered so far this year.

A scotch egg is a substantial meal. I feel like I've swallowed a bowling ball after every bloody one.

Latest Threads