wtf weres me pay???

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Geordiemonkey, Jun 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi i rejoined in january after being out a year due to injury
    and still havent been payed witch is a bloody pain because its stopping me wanting to go on weekends and courses because im self employed and loose money when in away with the TA in eny case and do it because i enjoy it but obviously its even worse if im not getting paid by the army
    rant over sorry for that
    is this common?
  2. Why worry about the money. Don't you do it for the love of our beautiful country?
  3. You should speak to your Clerk. Have you had any pervious trouble with JPA?

I signed up 16th January and didn't get paid till towards the end of May but to be honest I didn't join the TA for the money although yes it helps.
  4. ill speak to my clerk tomorro mate
    dont do it for the money but it whould help

no previous trouble with jpa even got my old number back
  5. Is that standard the lack of pay for up to 6 months?
  6. Took about 12 months to get my pay started but now it comes through on time each month.
  7. Fair one, hoping to join at the beginning of july, not joining for the money but as afore mentioned it does help.
  8. My pay started coming through after 6 months, but not the back pay from before then.

That was back in december. Also I havent had any travel money since I started (or even for the days I have been payed for)

Spoken to people about it, Clerk has just laughed and says there is nothing he can do for the back pay or back travel money....
  9. msr

msr LE

Raise this via your CoC. You can get it in cash if necessary.

10. Late Pay!!???

Tell me about it - it's a nightmare.

True we don't do it just for the money, but it does help keep the wolf from the door - he only gets as far as the garden gate.

I do my own AR's and send them snail mail to battalion HQ where they eventually get done. Wasn't paid for 8 months at one point. Great when it came through in a lump sum (dinny look at the tax).

And doing expenses on JPA? What a palaver - dinny get me started!!! Too late - i'm away for a lie down....