WTF - Modern SNCOs

Whilst making the brews for the office in which I work, a regular Sgt asked if I'd mind making him a ginger tea with a spoon of honey in it.......

Is it any wonder that the Army is such a mess or do I need to recalibrate myself to the modern soldier?

Obviously it can be taken as read that I'll never ask him again.
Have you considered that he may have been testing you?

And that you failed?

Somewhere tonight, there's a conversation that's starting "We've got a right tea boy at work. Tells everybody he was in the Army. Yeah, right!"

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Whilst making the brews for the office in which I work, a regular Sgt asked if I'd mind making him a ginger tea with a spoon of honey in it.......

Is it any wonder that the Army is such a mess or do I need to recalibrate myself to the modern soldier?

You must work with the green slime

Similar to my experience at work (defence company). In the canteen queue behind a young troop leader and a trooper from my own regiment. Trooper glued to his phone says to troop leader: "I see interest rates are up sir".

I´m thinking in my day a trooper would probably be saying "Oi sir, look at the norks on the boiler on the till" or similar. I think I prefer the early 80s soldier.

Did he have his cap badge over his ear?*

*this is OK if you’re a ‘good bloke’ and ‘good at your job’. Not the tea though, that’s just wrong...

It’s a sad fact of life when people no longer understand the brew situation. They need to be educated there are 2 options.

1. Rimmed

2. Unrimmed.

Ginger with honey is inevitably rimmed.

The modern world, unfortunately.

Instagram is full of millenials all sharing photos of smashed avocados and poached eggs. Whatever happened to Frosties for brekkie? AKA "Red Bull and Cigarettes", in my Army days.

I noticed it started happening on an OCULUS tour in 2005 when initially deployed the Juniors didn't instantly scout the local town for strip joints, bars and night clubs.

Instead, half the little twats spent their Paradigm minutes in the porta-cabin "researching" the best restaurants in Banja Luka - whereas the rest of them chinned it off to "go down the gym".

I spent a lot of time in BLMF and cannot for the life of me remember where the gym was - but I can tell you exactly where and when I threw up and lagged myself during both tours in minute detail.

Hmm... having read my post back prior to pressing "reply" it's becoming apparent why a surprisingly high number of us are having heart attacks and dropping dead in our 40s and 50s...
Many years ago I was listening to an interview by a volunteer on Op Raleigh in Belize. They were admined by the army and he said on the hole it was good but couldn't get over the full english on a beach they got every morning.

Is that really how it happened? I'll wager you happily made his brew and chinked his mug with yours, steaming hot with a Camomile and Crushed Raspberry leaf infusion, whist making small talk over Doris Day's recent demise and what you'll be doing for Eurovision on Saturday evening.

I think you need to re-calibrate your Grindr app, as it's not probably not working properly and he's resorted to other methods

To @Bad CO. I think that you should consider changing your call sign. I won't make any suggestions, out of respect for your rank, but after making a Sgt some unholy concoction, Bad you are not........sir.

How far up his shitbox did the mug go?
Did you rub the ginger in his eyes as you throat-fucked him?
Would you like a hand disposing of the body?
Would you like an alibi?

I'll be disappointed if you didn't use the ginger to give him a figging.

Instagram is full of millenials all sharing photos of smashed avocados and poached eggs. Whatever happened to Frosties for brekkie? AKA "Red Bull and Cigarettes", in my Army days.

I noticed it started happening on an OCULUS tour in 2005 when initially deployed the Juniors didn't instantly scout the local town for strip joints, bars and night clubs.

Instead, half the little twats spent their Paradigm minutes in the porta-cabin "researching" the best restaurants in Banja Luka - whereas the rest of them chinned it off to "go down the gym".

I spent a lot of time in BLMF and cannot for the life of me remember where the gym was - but I can tell you exactly where and when I threw up and lagged myself during both tours in minute detail.

Hmm... having read my post back prior to pressing "reply" it's becoming apparent why a surprisingly high number of us are having heart attacks and dropping dead in our 40s and 50s...
I applaud your commitment to keeping the NHS in employment but not dragging it out by living too long. The first words said to me on the new plumber Facebook page some time ago were "**** me, you still alive?"

Smashed avocado and poached eggs sounds like the debrief after a Grab a Grot night at Scorpion night club.

Wasn't an Australian on exchange by any chance? Speaking to an Aussie Lt Col recently ... he said they don't issue orders anymore, they negotiate so as not to cause offence or stress.