WTF - Modern SNCOs

Whilst making the brews for the office in which I work, a regular Sgt asked if I'd mind making him a ginger tea with a spoon of honey in it.......

Is it any wonder that the Army is such a mess or do I need to recalibrate myself to the modern soldier?

Obviously it can be taken as read that I'll never ask him again.

Was he Prince Edward in disguise?

Whilst making the brews for the office in which I work, a regular Sgt asked if I'd mind making him a ginger tea with a spoon of honey in it.......

Is it any wonder that the Army is such a mess or do I need to recalibrate myself to the modern soldier?

Did you get him some avocado toast and a protein shake as well??

It was a Millennial come on.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer

Does he have the whiff of lavender about him?

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

I presume he was from a corps...

Did you make him said abhoration?

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT

The modern world, unfortunately.

Instagram is full of millenials all sharing photos of smashed avocados and poached eggs. Whatever happened to Frosties for brekkie? AKA "Red Bull and Cigarettes", in my Army days.

I noticed it started happening on an OCULUS tour in 2005 when initially deployed the Juniors didn't instantly scout the local town for strip joints, bars and night clubs.

Instead, half the little twats spent their Paradigm minutes in the porta-cabin "researching" the best restaurants in Banja Luka - whereas the rest of them chinned it off to "go down the gym".

I spent a lot of time in BLMF and cannot for the life of me remember where the gym was - but I can tell you exactly where and when I threw up and lagged myself during both tours in minute detail.

Hmm... having read my post back prior to pressing "reply" it's becoming apparent why a surprisingly high number of us are having heart attacks and dropping dead in our 40s and 50s...

..Hmm... having read my post back prior to pressing "reply" it's becoming apparent why a surprisingly high number of us are having heart attacks and dropping dead in our 40s and 50s...
But at least you are going out like a man and not a limp wristed bed wetter.

I remember reading an article stating that the UK could not survive the hardships of old, Blitz, rationing, black death etc. Instead the population would implode, demanding "Safe spaces", compensation, and an opportunity to pore their heart out on social media demonstrating how hard they have been done by and expect for everyone to support them without criticism.

Probably wanted to ask for a coffee, extra shot, soya milk, extra hot with, less froth flat white.
But as a Modern Man felt ginger tea with honey was more their image.

They might think you make a bad/good brew through years of experience at it and wanted to show off!

You could almost give it a pass if it were female but this bloke needs to be killed and eaten.

But I thought you were the CO, like a REAL one :oops:

My illusion is shattered.
His mum's the power behind the throne.

I wonder if today's troops are aware of the concept of 'skiffing'?

So you have no hipster JNCOs then?

Boiling water with a squirt of Jif Lemon seems to be a popular choice here. Or a hot 'Milk Thistle'...

Cofftea, NATO seems to be a thing of the past.

But at least you are going out like a man and not a limp wristed bed wetter.

I remember reading an article stating that the UK could not survive the hardships of old, Blitz, rationing, black death etc. Instead the population would implode, demanding "Safe spaces", compensation, and an opportunity to pore their heart out on social media demonstrating how hard they have been done by and expect for everyone to support them without criticism.
That wasn't an article, that was a post on ARRSE by some cold war warrior who thought that his opinion was valuable due to him spending 6 years in BAOR in the 1980s drinking himself stupid and smoking tax-free full fat fags.

If you did some research you'd also find the same individual posting multiple threads about a shit 7.62mm Self Loading Rifle despite them never using it for anything more mildly exciting than a falling plate competition in the rain from the 300 yard point.

Last edited: