WTF is wrong with this country?....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Jip Travolta, Aug 15, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .....part one of a large series I suspect! ;)

From Sky News:

Thank god they saw sense.....why were they even considering it? (and wasting tax-payers money whilst doing so)

Link Here:,,30100-12085308,00.html
  2. In answer to question raised in the subject I would answer:

Tony Blair & New Labour and all their PC baggage.  Symptom of which as per original post.
  3. Now that is just another in a long line of reasons why I'm moving far away from here when I get out.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Its petty litigious people like this who are after making a fast buck that make this county slide further down the pan.  If they joined the police for the right reasons in the first place they should be proud to wear the capbadge rather that bicker about whats on it.  

Would we be able to do the same sort of thing in their country if we were in their shoes?  Methinks not.
  5. Is it just me, or does anyone else object to our taxes being spent on illegal immigrants?  Why can't the govt see some sense for a change?
  6. No its not just you it p1sses me off too but rather than cause myself more fcuking stress I'm not going to elaborate!! :mad: :mad:
  7. The way I see it councils, citizens advice, commisions for race etc are full of Left wing whinging liberal Ba5tards who were bullied at school just trying to get back at the rest of us "normal people", the problem lies squarely at the feet of the politicians and compounded futher by the media (most of whom can't get their sexuality right let alone their reporting).  :mad: :mad:

We are just a few degrees from a Stalinist regime, the way the present government rides roughshod over public opinion and the way it tries to discredit those with a valid complaint (i.e. rail victims, countryside dwellers) makes me sick to my stomach!! Whats next, sedative injections for protestors at the labour conference!!  ???

There, stress levels back up, blood presure is back up and moral is again down, sound familier anyone!
  8. Simple solution to those who object to wearing and respecting the symbol of the crown because of the cross on it:

1. No use of money (you wouldn't like all those crowns)

2. No recourse to the courts (all those coats-of-arms are bound to offend)

3. No passport (the front would clearly upset you)

1. Grow up and get on with it. ;D
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Well said, that man!!! ;D
  10. It's really very simple......

When in Rome......

Lets see how far you'd get, if you protested the crescent on your uniform, if you worked in an Islamic country.

Sounds like the expressway to Persona non Grata to me.

Make a stand against the PC element. At the end of the day, if you want to live and work in this (to my eyes) great country of ours, then abide by our rules and customs. We will respect your religious views, but not at the expense of our customs and laws.

No, it's not a Kleine Englander rant, just a simple cold statement. If you travel here, to escape persecution on religious , ethnic or brassick grounds, it's our ball, remember that  :mad:
  11. Thank god there are still people out there who share decent views on this subject.  I am quite old and crusty now and in the last 10 years I have found it increasingly difficult to stand up for what I believe in.  I am not rascist but I really want to live in a country that has respect for its history and culture and is proud of its past and its cherished institutions.

While we continue to have politicians (of all parties) who are only interested in personal power this country will continue to sink further into the mire of liberal appeasement.  

I'm waiting for Toss Pot Blair to assign a civil servant to all military units in order to monitor political correctness.

I think we'd probably all better watch what we say in case we get arrested.  After all why fight crime when you can bang up dangerous radicals such as ourselves.
  12. Much as it pains me to say it, this is one thing the Americans are very good at - swearing allegiance to the flag, citizenship exams and so on.

Personally I'm a fan of the Starship Troopers take on this, where only those prepared to undertake some form of service get the vote. Can't see the present government going for this one, though.
  13. They'd all be disenfranchised immediately.
  14. Wouldn't it be fantastic! :D
  15. Have we seen any complaints from any christians working for Portsmouth council refusing to wear the badge on their vehicles?  ???