WTF is wrong with people in Illinois?

Discussion in 'US' started by cheesypoptart, Dec 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What kind of man has a mausoleum erected, its walls covered in lists of his accomplishments, BEFORE HE IS EVEN DEAD!?!?

Illinois' new(?) senator, Roland Burris.

Talk about delusions of grandeur.

2. I've always thought they were strange after watching The Blues Brothers.

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

The man clearly has a big enough ego to be in politics. 'Trail Blazer' - very modest.

4. And those of us who moved across the river into Missouri but a few years ago merely point and laugh....

5. Used to happen quite a lot in the old days. As in Egyptian times.

6. Kind of reminds me of this:

"I met a traveller from an antique land
    Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown
    And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
    And on the pedestal these words appear:
    `My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
    Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
    The lone and level sands stretch far away."

7. So imagine that you're accused of raping and murdering a 10 year old gir? Imagine further that the State Attorney General seeks the death penalty for you. Then evidence comes out which proves your innocence--in fact, another man confesses to the crime. The Attorney General however, is running for Governor, and refuses to drop the charges against you, and continues to pursue the death penalty, because he doesn't want to appear "soft on crime".

Nightmare, huh? No....Roland Burris.

Burris sought death for innocent man

8. And this is why i am starting my own school of highly trained assassin ninjas, who will go around the globe "taking out" fukwits like this.... :twisted:

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

sign me up!

10. Oh get off of it already. Burris is more then qualified, first and foremost he is black and secondly he is black. Finally he is just as incompetent as the rest of the ass clowns in DC and he'll fit right in as he is black and incompetent. Maybe he'll eventually run for mayor of DC and start smoking crack.

11. Oh look, the resident ARRSE redneck is back from his fishing trip. Fish too smart for you?

12. Nope caught a black grouper but given this politically correct age I had to throw it back...it showed me his union card and the fact that he was an illegal alien I couldn't keep him.

13. CSPAN isn't normally what I recommend for action entertainment, but Tuesday's activities on the Senate floor may be more fun than we've seen in that august body since Congressman Brooks of South Carolina caned Senator Sumner of Massachussetts half to death on the Senate floor in 1856.

Sen. Harry Reid and Senate Democrats have pledged to physically bar Burris from the floor of the Senate. The Senate Sergeant at Arms may have some excitement that day, along with Capitol Hill Police. In addition, as a sitting governor, Blagojevitch has Senate floor privileges, which means if he chooses to support his appointee, he himself could walk on the floor of the Senate while the Sergeant at arms body blocks Burris on orders from Reid. This could beat the Taiwanese parliament for ratings! Pop some popcorn, chill a six pack! :D

14. No doubt they threw him back.