WTF is it? Will anybody notice?

Right, here's the story....

I left it late and in a bit of a panic ordered a set of court-mounted miniatures by phone. As it was a panic, I didn't have time to send the old ones in, I just ordered a new set.

Having got them in the post today, I've found that the Efficiency Medal (Territorial) isn't like the previous ones (yes, I've been in a panic before) or, indeed, like the big one. The difference is in the scroll. It's a different shape and reads T&AVR instead of Territorial. The riband is the same colour and the inscription on the back is the same.

So what have I got? An older version?

Answers on a postcard please.

The medals themselves are clearly of poorer quality than my previous ones, so I don't think that I'll be using that place again. Wait, why would I need to use them again? Don't think evil thoughts...

Any pics? Which place did you use?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
putteesinmyhands said:
The difference is in the scroll. It's a different shape and reads T&AVR instead of Territorial.
It was Territorial and Army Volunteer Reserve in the mid-late 70s, if that helps.

AlienFTM said:
putteesinmyhands said:
The difference is in the scroll. It's a different shape and reads T&AVR instead of Territorial.
It was Territorial and Army Volunteer Reserve in the mid-late 70s, if that helps.
I've considered that, but would the scroll have changed from (presumably) "Territorial" to "T&AVR" for a medal that (again, presumably) would only be issued to the Territorial component?

I can't post a photo (not intellectual enough) and the website shows a picture of the "Territorial" version under the heading of TAVR - before anyone states the obvious, there was no other Efficiency Medal option other than for the TD.

AlienFTM said:
putteesinmyhands said:
T&AVR was formed (cranks up ancient memory cells)1968-ish. I could be wrong, but - I'm sure that, if your Territorial service continued after that year, you'd be entitled to wear the new-look medal. Of course, my numismatic qualifications are very limited, so please don't quote me.

Cheers,
Cliff

Maggie Thatch was instrumental in dropping the cumbersome T&AVR title and revert back to TA in 1981.

TD's and TEM's issued from 1967 to 1981 had T&AVR on the scroll and a new medal ribbon of green, yellow & blue. Those TD's and TEM's issued after 1981 had 'Territorial' on the scroll with no change of ribbon.

My own miniature TEM came through as a pre-1967 version with 'Territorial' on the scroll and a green and yellow ribbon - the original colours. I wore mine for about 12 years and no-one ever noticed or commented on it.