WTF is going on here

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by essexbob, Jan 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Long toenails and flip-flop fears keep Abu Hamza out of court
    By Sean O’Neill

A DISPUTE over the length of his toenails kept Abu Hamza al-Masri, the radical Islamist cleric, from appearing at the Old Bailey yesterday.
    The Egyptian-born preacher who has no arms and uses a hooked prosthetic limb, wanted to wear flip-flops rather than shoes for the short walk from his cell to the videolink suite at Belmarsh prison.

But the prison’s duty governor refused the footwear request on health and safety grounds and called two doctors to examine Abu Hamza’s feet.

They concluded that his toenails were normal but despite that, Abu Hamza, who faces 16 charges including soliciting to murder, refused to leave his cell.

He is to be examined again by a chiropodist before a court hearing in two weeks’ time.

Abu Hamza, 47, had been scheduled to enter pleas to the charges against him before Judge Peter Beaumont, the Recorder of London.

But the judge, lawyers and court officials were kept waiting while the minor medical drama unfolded out of sight at the southeast London jail.

A prison officer eventually informed the court that Abu Hamza would not leave his cell.

“He is refusing to come over here,” the officer said. “He is being checked by medical staff. He is saying he is unable to walk.”

Paul Hynes, for the defence, said: “There is a particular physical difficulty with him. He feels unable to walk. He has been perambulating round the prison barefoot. It is a long-standing problem.”

Mr Hynes said that the defence was not ready, in any case, to enter pleas.

Adina Ezekiel, for the prosecution, said: “The Crown do have some concerns. He is complaining his toenails are too long.”

Miss Ezekiel asked that Abu Hamza be produced in person for future court appearances.

The judge asked for a report on Abu Hamza’s condition and said that future proceedings might have to be held at Woolwich Crown Court, beside the prison. Abu Hamza has repeatedly complained about his treatment in the jail.

He maintains that he receives inadequate medical treatment for his disability, and suffers diabetes and a painful skin complaint. Last year the prison authorities offered him and other Muslim inmates pork chops as their halal meal.

A Prison Service spokesman said that Abu Hamza’s toenails were two or three millimetres longer than usual and were no impediment to walking. He added: “He has been referred to a chiropodist just to make sure.”

The judge remanded Abu Hamza in custody for a further 14 days and ordered that any trial in the case should take place on July 4.

I[b] have just told my boss that my fingernails are 1.5 mill too long and I have to go home on full pay[/b]
  2. If some-one can get me into Belmarsh, I'll happily clip the feckers toes off with a pair of bolt cutters. Problem sorted!
  3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

4. RTFQ

I'm seriously beginning to believe that the Monty Python crew are holding positions of authority in this country, or they are at least writing the news. I'd laugh, but I'm too scared.
  5. They may just wisk you away for the good of your health 8O
  6. fecking love it ! :lol:
  7. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Perhaps we could amputate his feet as well - that way he wouldnt have the problem of how to cut his toe nails
  8. OldSnowy

Limit his ability to run away as well (didn't the Krauts confiscate Douglas Bader's false legs?)
  9. I also say cut his feet off, then problem goes away? :)

We could always issue him with 2 hooks to wear instead?

My Question about the whole situation with "Mr Hook" is:-

Could I get Police Protection, to stand on a corner and shout to all my followers about how much I hate Hook and all his friends..........

Now Im not racist, but I sent an email to the BBC asking them if we could have a white music station, that only played white music, they told me they wern't allowed to under the racist laws - So how can they have a black station that plays black music?

And before someone tells me off........ I just think its wrong.

If I was arristed for what "Hook" has done, I wouldn't be able to use the long toenails thing, so how can he?

P***ed off
  10. OldSnowy

The other unstated question is, of course - how DOES he wipe his arrse? Is his left hook specially modified?

I can't say I would like to have to have two hooks instead of hands, but it would make a few things easier, such as sliding down ropes, opening cans, and the like.
  11. The MOWO,s (music of white origin) wall to wall Richard Clayderman and Daniel O'donnell. I can hardly wait! :roll: :lol:
  12. I think sticking him in with Bronson is a lovely idea!
  13. or having w@nk when he feels horny about burkha glad muslim girls :lol:
    the pervert :wink:
  14. Someone got a 35K position for wiping his arrse didn't they? Nicknamed Dirty Harry.