WTF is Chriscringle?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have been around for many Christmases and until this year have never heard of Chriscringle. It is on nearly all the news magazine type programmes on the box with people saying it had been around for 50 years.

Well excuse me - if it has it had been keeping a very low profile!

What is it?

I've seen the Chief Bish, Welby, making a CC cake, just now there was a vicar holding an orange with a candle stuck in it (very health and safety!) talking about Chriscringle. Sounds very Septic to me. Is this taking over from Christmas? Are we supposed to give/receive Chriscringle prezzies, cards etc. What is the protocol?

I have been around for many Christmases and until this year have never heard of Chriscringle. It is on nearly all the news magazine type programmes on the box with people saying it had been around for 50 years.

What is it?

I've seen the Chief Bish, Welby, making a CC cake, just now there was a vicar holding an orange with a candle stuck in it (very health and safety!) talking about Chriscringle. Sounds very Septic to me. Is this taking over from Christmas? Are we supposed to give/receive Chriscringle prezzies, cards etc. What is the protocol?
Have you been at the Port bottle already this morning?

What is it?

Christingle - Wiktionary

Watch Miracle on 34th Street. It's bound to be on half a dozen times over yuletide. Apparently, he's Richard Attenborough.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

What is it?

Kris Kringle - Kris Kringle - Wikipedia

It's an American/German thing.
Kris Kringle was the one played by Richard Attenborough in Miracle on something or other street back in the late 40s. Comes from the German Chriskindl who is the present wrapper in German folklore.

Been round for ages but an American thing and has been used on several TV shows like Castle and others when someone with a white beard turns up in one of the Christmas specials.

Kris Kringle was a character in the 1994 version of "Miracle on 34th Street" - a remake of the 1947 original. Clearly Auld Yin isnae that Auld:)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Does this mean that people can leave the office and have a Chriscringle office party, as well as the office Christmas party? Two piss ups for the price of one?

Thanks for the replies which have not really explained why this has not been in my ken for the 50 years it has apparently been in existence in UK churches.

Mind you, if it is the Church trying to take back Christmas as a religious ceremony rather than a celebration to Mammon then good on them.

Kris Kringle was born in a stable surrounded by sheep and donkey shit. His mother was a virgin and his father was a ghost!
Every year we celebrate this by getting pissed, eating shite and buying crap for people we don't like.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Kris kringle was supposedly born in a stable ( brothel?) surrounded by sheep (Believers) and donkey shit (Wise Politicians). His mother was a virgin (lying little skank) and his father was absent, probably down at another inn that was not full.
Every year we celebrate this by getting more pissed than normal, rebuilding Fatbergs, and recyling last year's crap back to the people we don't like, never will, and would like to shoot dead as they were cnuts for insulting your tastes in the first place.
Hope this helps.
FOC.

What is it?

Is it a cross between a crisp and a pringle?