WTF is Bliar doing in Beirut

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ugly, Sep 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I sincerely hope he doesnt think he can sort that mess out! Oh and am I the only one that finds the use of the phrase "In Power" by politicians distasteful. They are not in power but in service to us the electorate. Bloody public servants what are they like? While I'm ranting what is the whole Policeversus civilians thing, OI NO! You are Civilians and police by consent to laws our elected servants promulgate on our behalf. Soldiers etc are not Civilians but you are! The sooner they all learn their place the better!

2. Probably looking for some property on the cheap.... but wouldn't Cherie sort that out?

Does anyone remember the story of the dodgy flats they bought through that Aussie bloke we deported a while back...?

3. WTF is Bliar doing in Beirut

Hopefully getting slotted. :twisted: :twisted:

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

We may get our wish

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5333728.stm

He's as popular there as he is here :D :D

Looks like all that creeping he did to GWB has worked

''Please Mr president can I go to Beirut I've got the air miles''

Don't be suprised if he pops out of a large cake singing
    'Happy birthday mr president/Hezzbulah/Muslim council of GB/Isreal*

Delete as appropriate depending on who he needs to suck up to at the time

5. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

According to the News on R4, he's offering to train and equip the Lebanese Army!

Presumably Swiss Des and MOD won't be involved, since they are incapable of equipping armies properly.

Is there no end to the Dear Leader's wonders?

- The Man Who Solved The Ulster Problem
    - The Man Who Solved The Middle East Problem
    - Liberator of Iraq
    - Liberator of Afghanistan

I suppose his support for Israel during the unpleasantness has guaranteed him the Jewish vote (and no doubt support in the Partei from Lords Sainsbury, Goldsmith, Levy et al), whilst his miraculous skills in Lebanon will secure the islamic vote....

6. Don't worry. He is intelligent enough to know that it is above his abilities to do it.

You are not the only one. There are at least two.

I fear too few would share you opinion. Personally I believe that they are in service to real power-keepers not to the electorate.

But who would be their teachers? Only you I suppose.