WTF Hawaiian burgers

Back on track:

The Gourmet Burger Company, set up by some New Zealanders IIRC, used do a fantastic burger containing a beef patty, beetroot, egg, pineapple, cheese, salad, mayonnaise and relish. This despite, the similar ingredients was not a Hawaiian but a Kiwi Burger

Not a good burger to have on a first date if you're trying to maintain a debonair and suave impression as most of the ingredients are likely to spill out all over your freshly ironed chinos.
I remember having a fish and chips dinner years ago in Kiwilandia , it came with a couple of pineapple rings, a fried egg and pickles all chucked on top, heathens.

A proper Hawaiian Burger has a ring of pineapple which has been separtley grilled deposited on top of the burger meat. Cheese and fried onions are optional. As far as I know it was invented by Gerry's Nosh on the seafront in Southend-on-Sea ca. 1973.
Gerry's nosh? I would definitely avoid that establishment unless I had been infected with the ghey.
I suppose its a homosexualist thing to put pineapple into savoury food.

Maybe the word ring stirs some desires.

Gerry's nosh? I would definitely avoid that establishment unless I had been infected with the ghey.
I suppose its a homosexualist thing to put pineapple into savoury food.

Maybe the word ring stirs some desires.
I'm sure there's some joke about Sinn Fein, provos and child abuse to be made here but I can't think of one right now.

And a proper burger has a ring of pineapple that stays in the can and stays on the shelf until the can turns into the shape of a basketball.
The only time I’ve ever had a problem with pineapple that I couldn’t resolve was at the DQ in Chatham. I was ordering a banana split and was dealing with an employee who must have been part of some special needs program whose name tag actually said Puddles, not worried about blowing her persec, doubt she could read anyways. After placing said order I politely asked for her to leave the pineapple topping off to which she immediately responded, no substitutions, so I says fine, just don’t put anything where that topping would go. You would have thought it would have ended there, but no, in Puddles eyes deleting something equals a substitution and the ice cream has to be covered to be called a banana split and she’d have none of it. After going back and forth I asked her simply what would happen if I was allergic to pineapple, what could she do? Her answer was simple, I’d call my mum, she’s a nurse...
In the end the hot fudge sundae wasn’t that bad......

The only time I’ve ever had a problem with pineapple that I couldn’t resolve was at the DQ in Chatham. I was ordering a banana split and was dealing with an employee who must have been part of some special needs program whose name tag actually said Puddles, not worried about blowing her persec, doubt she could read anyways. After placing said order I politely asked for her to leave the pineapple topping off to which she immediately responded, no substitutions, so I says fine, just don’t put anything where that topping would go. You would have thought it would have ended there, but no, in Puddles eyes deleting something equals a substitution and the ice cream has to be covered to be called a banana split and she’d have none of it. After going back and forth I asked her simply what would happen if I was allergic to pineapple, what could she do? Her answer was simple, I’d call my mum, she’s a nurse...
In the end the hot fudge sundae wasn’t that bad......
Thank heavens you didn't order the peanut buster parfait!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skid2 Military History and Militaria 66
Bubbles_Barker Royal Air Force 41
Longinthegums Current Affairs, News and Analysis 61

Latest Threads