WTF Hawaiian burgers

What actually makes a Hawaiian burger Hawaiian?

In the past that basically included chunks of pineapple on top of the burger aspect below the actual top bun. But have now moved to new location, and two different burger emporiums have done something nowhere else has. The pineapple chunks are less numerous, but there are slithers of a meat substance on the lower portion of the burger. It looks like SPAM, and would make sense as Hawaii and SPAM are intertwined, but may actually be that fake pork they use, turkey ham perhaps.
How are Hawaii and Spam (actual brand or similar) meat intertwined?

lert

LE
As a proud Canadian, I hold Hawaiian pizza in the same esteem as I do for Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, and Nickelback
So you're a big Bieber fan then?

You people sicken me.

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Back on track:

The Gourmet Burger Company, set up by some New Zealanders IIRC, used do a fantastic burger containing a beef patty, beetroot, egg, pineapple, cheese, salad, mayonnaise and relish. This despite, the similar ingredients was not a Hawaiian but a Kiwi Burger

Not a good burger to have on a first date if you're trying to maintain a debonair and suave impression as most of the ingredients are likely to spill out all over your freshly ironed chinos.

Back on track:

The Gourmet Burger Company, set up by some New Zealanders IIRC, used do a fantastic burger containing a beef patty, beetroot, egg, pineapple, cheese, salad, mayonnaise and relish. This despite, the similar ingredients was not a Hawaiian but a Kiwi Burger

Not a good burger to have on a first date if you're trying to maintain a debonair and suave impression as most of the ingredients are likely to spill out all over your freshly ironed chinos.
Do you put a crease in your chinos, or iron them flat?

Do you put a crease in your chinos, or iron them flat?
A crease. It matches the sharp lines of the short sleeved jungle shirt I wear, tucked in of course.
If I'm going posh I'll dig out some black brogues to really set off the look. Bloody fanny magnets.
You?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skid2 Military History and Militaria 66
Bubbles_Barker Royal Air Force 41
Longinthegums Current Affairs, News and Analysis 61

Latest Threads