WTF Hawaiian burgers

TheAssassin

Old-Salt
What actually makes a Hawaiian burger Hawaiian?

In the past that basically included chunks of pineapple on top of the burger aspect below the actual top bun. But have now moved to new location, and two different burger emporiums have done something nowhere else has. The pineapple chunks are less numerous, but there are slithers of a meat substance on the lower portion of the burger. It looks like SPAM, and would make sense as Hawaii and SPAM are intertwined, but may actually be that fake pork they use, turkey ham perhaps.

What actually makes a Hawaiian burger Hawaiian?

In the past that basically included chunks of pineapple on top of the burger aspect below the actual top bun. But have now moved to new location, and two different burger emporiums have done something nowhere else has.
Grilled pineapple has been common on burgers in Oz since at least the 1970s.

A bit of teryaki sauce poured on top of the burger whilst it is cooking, or teryaki mixed in with the meat when prepping before cooking, and when stacking the bun a ring of griddled pineapple dropped on top of the meat.

Slight tangent: What I like doing for homemade burgers is getting some of slices of bacon and chop them up really small. Then I push the formed burger down onto the bacon so it sticks on one side only. Griddle/fry the bacon side (gets some bacon fat into the pan), then the other side , then build your bun...........the bacon makes it really yummilylicious.

TheAssassin

Old-Salt
A bit of teryaki sauce poured on top of the burger whilst it is cooking, or teryaki mixed in with the meat when prepping before cooking, and when stacking the bun a ring of griddled pineapple dropped on top of the meat.

Slight tangent: What I like doing for homemade burgers is getting some of slices of bacon and chop them up really small. Then I push the formed burger down onto the bacon so it sticks on one side only. Griddle/fry the bacon side (gets some bacon fat into the pan), then the other side , then build your bun...........the bacon makes it really yummilylicious.
That would make sense

Unfortunately, the purveyors of my late night burger aren't , how shall I put it, wholesome

The Hawaiian burger I get at my local seasonal drive-in serves a charbroiled patty with a a thin fresh pineapple slice, slice of wafer thin ham, and a bit of garlic/pineapple sauce on a toasted bun.

The Hawaiian burger I get at my local seasonal drive-in serves a charbroiled patty with a a thin fresh pineapple slice, slice of wafer thin ham, and a bit of garlic/pineapple sauce on a toasted bun.
And I'd still fling it in the garbage. Pineapple on anything savoury is an abomination, and there's a thrice-heated furnace in hell waiting for the inventor of the Hawaiian pizza.

I once made my German bird a Hawaiian Hot Dog.
I slotted a cans worth of pineapple rings on my cock, and topped it off with whipped cream and sprinkles.
I bet it was the small 220g can from Lidl containing around four wafer thin slices of said fruit....

And I'd still fling it in the garbage. Pineapple on anything savoury is an abomination, and there's a thrice-heated furnace in hell waiting for the inventor of the Hawaiian pizza.
Thought you’d be proud of the Hawaiian pizza, invented by a Canadian after all....

As a proud Canadian, I hold Hawaiian pizza in the same esteem as I do for Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, and Nickleback
You missed the Tragically Hip, I guess that means you’re still wearing your black armband and mourning Gordo.....

You missed the Tragically Hip, I guess that means you’re still wearing your black armband and mourning Gordo.....
I upset quite a few people on Faceache during their final concert when I said "It's fitting that the Hip's last concert is as flat and lifeless as Gord Downie will soon be".

Lots of teddies launched at that remark.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skid2 Military History and Militaria 66
Bubbles_Barker Royal Air Force 41
Longinthegums Current Affairs, News and Analysis 61

Latest Threads