WTF am I doing wrong??

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by genuine_exscaley, Feb 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I want to donate to the little girl who is dying and wants to go to Disneyland.
    1. The idiot who put the details up did not include the IBAN and BIC code (holidays for heroes)
    2. Having asked for that and promising to keep a track on the thread, I find that a search on "Urgent Assistance" in whatever form (be it upper case, lower case) does not produce a result.
    3. Going to the home page, I find I can't log in -because there is no login tab. (Windows 7, FF9..01) and have to pick some idiot thread and answer, just so I can log in.
    4. And, most annoying, my online banking does not recognise "holidays4heroes" as an account holder name.
    5. And finally: Why the **** do you have an American spell checker??????????????? ' recognise' is English 'recognize' is ******* American!! They don't speak English, they speak a bastardised version of our language!
    6. Have a nice day.
  2. Oh yes, while I'm on the subject, why do I get adverts in German when I'm in Spain?
  3. Go in to the Bank on Monday and try to make the transfer with the aid of a real live bank clerk.
  4. You haven't read my comment, have you? What makes you think that, when Iput on the piece of PAPER the name "holiday4heroes" will be translated into something ELECTRONIC that would be recognised??

But thanks for the quick response.
    For interest, this is the text I picked up from the thrad via copy and paste:
    Bank: Holidays4heroes
    Sort: 40-12-09
    Acct: 41416081

IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081
    Swift: MIDLGB2120G
    and exactly what I put into the transfer form
  5. Hopefully this information will help:

• Acct Name: holidays4heroes
    • Sort Code: 40-12-09
    • Acct Number: 41416081
    • IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081
    • SWIFT: MIDLGB2120G
  6. Take those four codes with you when you go into a bank on Monday Morning and ask the bank clerk to help you fill in the Bank Transfer slip.
  7. I've always found, that calling someone who does a MASSIVE amount of work for the holidays charity, an idiot, tends to be the sort of person who doesn't deserve any help, regardless of how much they're willing to donate.

However, I've also found out, that an apology is always well received, once the frustration has died down.

Just saying like.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. I agree - he might be an idiot, but he's OUR idiot ...
  9. The HSBC thing always works for me, hence my dog is eating wood chips and I am up to a whole 55kgs.

Is that my Tesco Value 8p noodle snack?

Must dash.

Cough up you cheap twats.
  10. I notice it says 'Munich' on your sidebar location. This would lead me to believe that you were once located in Germany. As search engines, especially Google, and various other Internet entities, such as the major ISP's have a location feature built into their software, this leads me to believe that you haven't bothered to change your location source.

Log onto the Internet. Go to Google and look on the left hand side of the screen, and it will show a location, and it'll ask if you want to change this. Sorted.

Bleeps? Comms experts? I shit em.

Although to be honest, I'm not sure why I'm helping you out here.

Apologise to holidays, and we'll be friends again.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. HHH

HHH LE

The spellchecker is the one attached to firefox not this site.
  12. HHH

HHH LE

13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

As you will be aware if you have signed up to the ARRSE Insiders Newsletter I ******* hate you all. But every now and then one of you does something lovely. And it gets dusty in the room. In this case it is the lovely Arte_et_Marte. I have never met Arte_et_Marte but one day I hope to have that honor.

Here is what Arte_et_Marte has to say... *sniff*...

What the **** are you doing pissing about with ***** who are too stupid to pour piss out of a boot when the instructions are printed on the sole? We do not have time for stupid ******* *******. We have a pub to buy. Jesus. My office. Monday morning.
  14. Your Grace, i am old and bold enough to be able to spot a ragging from, oh, say 12 paces nowadays, and whilst not wishing to pour pedanticism on a heart so much in grief and turmoil, as you sit upon your throne like structure (in an obviously dusty room) I'd like to point out that your arrse typist manservant, inadvertently mistook the the word 'honour' as one of those ghastly Americanisms.

Omitting the letter 'u' is hardly the crime of the Century, but I'll not interfere with the punishment process you have in place for your chattels.

I remain &tc.
  15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Are you entirely sure that is a word? Hmm.

Are we any closer to parting Stupid **** from his/hers cash in a good cause or what? I have an engagement and je dont have tout le ******* nuit to hang about cos je suis un busy homme, savez?