WTC site. Still a building site, why?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by frenchie, Jul 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just come from New York and visited the WTC site. Now I am no conspiracy theorist but 8 years later and nothing has happenend. Lots of builders and equipment, is there a technical or economic reason why nothing has been built in 8 years?
  2. I don't know, why not ask the question on a site for the British Army, they're bound to have the DS solution.
  3. There was a lot of wrangling over what they should actually build (if anything at all) which delayed things.
  4. Loads of builders standing round sucking teeth and arguing about flemish bond walls and what colour of render to throw up.

Wouldn't it be a poke in the eye to the terrorists to simply re-build the WTCs as they were but about a foot or two higher. That would be a great big "f*** off" to Osama et al.
  5. Hahahahahahahahahaha! Good answer!

ooops pissed myself again!
  6. What like this?

Attached Files:

7. Because builders the world over are a bunch of idle baskets who will waste weeks leaning on a hod, smoking a roly, while claiming benefit at the same time, rather than pick up a trowel or a set square from time to time.

Or is that just the ones who have spent months 'building' my Orangerie?
  8. Orangerie - Pikey for conservatory/breakfast room :D
  9. I thought you meant Warminster Training Center! It was a hole whilst I was based there, and probably always will be. To be needs a few bulldozers.
  10. I appreciate there was a delay. But are they at a stage where they have made a decision?
    It just seems a little odd when you observe it. I asked now as our cousins are generally on about now and there is possibly a very good reason for it.
  11. Are you putting that on expenses?
  12. Yes, very possibly a good reason for it, quite why you think a bunch of hairy arsed squaddies will know it is beyond me.
  13. Wrong. It's my tanning shop.
  14. Bet you have an outdoor convenience building as well.
  15. Hoped I would have by now but the idle baskets haven't got past the pegging out stage yet. Lazy building feckers.