WTC site. Still a building site, why?

#1
Just come from New York and visited the WTC site. Now I am no conspiracy theorist but 8 years later and nothing has happenend. Lots of builders and equipment, is there a technical or economic reason why nothing has been built in 8 years?
 
#3
frenchie said:
Just come from New York and visited the WTC site. Now I am no conspiracy theorist but 8 years later and nothing has happenend. Lots of builders and equipment, is there a technical or economic reason why nothing has been built in 8 years?
There was a lot of wrangling over what they should actually build (if anything at all) which delayed things.
 
#4
Loads of builders standing round sucking teeth and arguing about flemish bond walls and what colour of render to throw up.

Wouldn't it be a poke in the eye to the terrorists to simply re-build the WTCs as they were but about a foot or two higher. That would be a great big "f*** off" to Osama et al.
 
#5
CQMS said:
I don't know, why not ask the question on a site for the British Army, they're bound to have the DS solution.
Hahahahahahahahahaha! Good answer!

ooops pissed myself again!
 
#6
PoisonDwarf said:
Loads of builders standing round sucking teeth and arguing about flemish bond walls and what colour of render to throw up.

Wouldn't it be a poke in the eye to the terrorists to simply re-build the WTCs as they were but about a foot or two higher. That would be a great big "f*** off" to Osama et al.
What like this?
 

Attachments

#7
frenchie said:
Just come from New York and visited the WTC site. Now I am no conspiracy theorist but 8 years later and nothing has happenend. Lots of builders and equipment, is there a technical or economic reason why nothing has been built in 8 years?
Because builders the world over are a bunch of idle baskets who will waste weeks leaning on a hod, smoking a roly, while claiming benefit at the same time, rather than pick up a trowel or a set square from time to time.

Or is that just the ones who have spent months 'building' my Orangerie?
 
#8
King_of_the_Burpas said:
frenchie said:
Just come from New York and visited the WTC site. Now I am no conspiracy theorist but 8 years later and nothing has happenend. Lots of builders and equipment, is there a technical or economic reason why nothing has been built in 8 years?
Because builders the world over are a bunch of idle baskets who will waste weeks leaning on a hod, smoking a roly, while claiming benefit at the same time, rather than pick up a trowel or a set square from time to time.

Or is that just the ones who have spent months 'building' my Orangerie?
Orangerie - Pikey for conservatory/breakfast room :D
 
P

PrinceAlbert

Guest
#9
I thought you meant Warminster Training Center! It was a hole whilst I was based there, and probably always will be. To be fair......it needs a few bulldozers.
 
#10
I appreciate there was a delay. But are they at a stage where they have made a decision?
It just seems a little odd when you observe it. I asked now as our cousins are generally on about now and there is possibly a very good reason for it.
 
#12
frenchie said:
I appreciate there was a delay. But are they at a stage where they have made a decision?
It just seems a little odd when you observe it. I asked now as our cousins are generally on about now and there is possibly a very good reason for it.
Yes, very possibly a good reason for it, quite why you think a bunch of hairy arsed squaddies will know it is beyond me.
 
#13
leveller said:
Orangerie - Pikey for conservatory/breakfast room :D
Wrong. It's my tanning shop.
 
#15
leveller said:
King_of_the_Burpas said:
leveller said:
Orangerie - Pikey for conservatory/breakfast room :D
Wrong. It's my tanning shop.
Bet you have an outdoor convenience building as well.
Hoped I would have by now but the idle baskets haven't got past the pegging out stage yet. Lazy building feckers.
 
#16
CQMS said:
frenchie said:
I appreciate there was a delay. But are they at a stage where they have made a decision?
It just seems a little odd when you observe it. I asked now as our cousins are generally on about now and there is possibly a very good reason for it.
Yes, very possibly a good reason for it, quite why you think a bunch of hairy arsed squaddies will know it is beyond me.
come come not everyone is hairy arsed. Perhaps it should have been in RE or US I grant you.
 
#17
IIRC, it took five years to get agreement on the design, and work clearing the foundations only started in 2006. ISTR that the construction was going to take about 18 months for the first bits of construction above street level to take place.

Building estimated to take 5 years to complete, so a 2011/early 2012 finish, as I remember.

It's bound to be on wikipedia, though, and the info might even be accurate.
 
#20
King_of_the_Burpas said:
leveller said:
King_of_the_Burpas said:
leveller said:
Orangerie - Pikey for conservatory/breakfast room :D
Wrong. It's my tanning shop.
Bet you have an outdoor convenience building as well.
Hoped I would have by now but the idle baskets haven't got past the pegging out stage yet. Lazy building feckers.
Do you pay the builders to peg you out ? I would have done it for nothing :D
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads